Chapter 46.

Yarah stared down at the box on her lap.

She sighed softly.

She had bought the gift a really long time ago but had never built up the courage to give it to Storm.

Until now.

The teenager placed the box on the bench that ran down the closet before she rose to her feet, picked a random outfit, underwear and shoes then she walked back to her bedroom.

Yarah dried herself, covered herself in lotion and got dressed in a black tights, a tight fitting red crop top and a pair of Classic black Vans. She grabbed her black bomber jacket out from her ottoman in front of her bed; before she grabbed the gift from the closet, rushed out of the room and down the hall.

Yarah got downstairs and whilst her family conversed in the kitchen; she grabbed her car keys and called out as she opened the front door "I'M LEAVING!!!!"

Before anyone could question or object; Yarah was out of the door, onto the porch, then the grass and over to her car that stood in the driveway. She unlocked the doors, climbed into the driver seat, placed the gift on the empty passenger seat and backed out of the driveway; before she turned down the street and drove straight to Storm's house.

Yarah began mentally forming some kind of speech to woe Storm and her heart simply banged against her chest from nervousness as she navigated her way to the home.

Finally; she pulled up in front of the yard and sighed softly as she looked at the dark grey front door.

She couldn't move.

What was she going to say?

"I'm sorry?"

Sorry for what?

Yarah had no clue.

Her entire body didn't want to move.

Suddenly; the front door swung open and a strange dark skinned young man walked towards the car.

Yarah wanted to throw the car into drive and speed away; yet, she found herself rolling down the passenger window and smiling nervously.

"Oh hello there.. I'm-" The teenager started to say; but Yarah interjected by completing his sentence "Nkosi."

"Yeah.. How'd you know?" Nkosinathi asked then he noticed the gift box on the passenger seat and said as he looked at Yarah "Storm. Of course." The young woman nodded then she inquired as she looked past the guy leaning towards her car "Is she home?"

Nkosi shook his head and replied "She left here in a rush about 15 minutes ago. She got a ring and was off like a cracker." Yarah nodded slowly then he suggested "I could take the gift and give it to her when she gets back? I'll obviously tell her it's from??"

Yarah said as he hinted at wanting her name "Meyers. Yarah Meyers." Nkosi nodded and reached into the car window with her hand so Yarah took it and gave it a brief shake. "I'd prefer to personally give it to Storm. Do you perhaps know where she went or when she'll be back?" Yarah inquired as she looked down the road so Nkosi shrugged.

"She didn't really say.. But, you're welcome to join us inside and wait for her.." Nkosi said as Yarah looked at him so she shook her head and replied with a small smile "No, thank you. I'm pretty sure I know where she went."

"She's not with Bentley." Nkosinathi said bluntly and Yarah asked in confusion "She's not?"

"Nope. His waiting inside with us."

"Oh.."

"Yeah. Quite a few people are here actually."

"Really?"

"Anybody named Tasha?" Yarah asked with a twinge of jealousy.

Nkosi shrugged in response then he admitted "I don't know a lot of people here. As you can tell by the accent; I'm from the UK too but I'm simply visiting my best friend." Yarah nodded in acknowledgement then she said as she adjusted her seating "Well, thank you. And I hope to hang out before you head back home."

"Definitely." Nkosi said as he took a step back from the side of the car and waved goodbye to Yarah as she pulled away from him.

"Where's Storm?" Yarah mentally asked before she said aloud "Car? Call Kimbella."

The car didn't seem to have connected with her phone.

Then it hit her.

She didn't have her phone with her.

Sighing softly in defeat, Yarah navigated her way towards the school since she was going to look for Storm at the beach.

However, as she calmly drove past the school building; Yarah noticed the flaming inferno and the fire trucks that had just arrived.

The bright red Jeep parked in front of the burning building made Yarah speed into the school parking lot and park oddly before she climbed out of her car and rushed over to the building.

Suddenly, a pair of strong arms wrapped around Yarah's body and spun her around; preventing her from running further.

Just as the windows of one of the classrooms shattered and shards of glass flew wildly.

Thankfully; none of the glass hit anyone.

Yet; Yarah was being held captive.

Her wiggling and squirming helped Yarah escape the person that held her and after she stumbled forward; she faced Jared.

"Are you insane??!!!" Jared questioned in he looked at Yarah in disbelief; but, she tried pushing past him and running towards the building.

Again; Jared stopped Yarah and held her in his arms whilst the firemen began tackling the fire.

Yarah pushed herself away from Jared and snapped viciously "GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!!!!"

"No-"

"JARED!!"

"Raising your voice won't make me-"

"JARED??!!!"

"Why, Yarah?"

"Storm's inside that fucking place and if you don't step aside; I swear, I'll fucking kill you!!" Yarah threatened as she glared murderously at Jared.

Tommy spoke from Yarah; gaining her attention "Is she really worth your life?" She spun around and faced the taller guy as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Yes. Now, call off your lapdog." Yarah deadpanned as she stared straight into Tommy's emotionless eyes and he simply shook his head in response. "I'm not going to let you risk your entire life for some bitch that-" Tommy started to say but he was cut off.

Yarah couldn't handle the panic that she felt as Tommy spoke; so she decided to grab him by the shoulders, pull him close to her and slam her knee right in his crotch without being fazed.