Chapter 49.

"There's a body trapped on the second floor-" A voice said hazily over the radio.

Caspian looked at Beth with worry as she helped Yarah calm down a bit then he heard the person say "Third victim found. A teenager. Barely conscious and shows signs of second, if not; third degree burns. E.R team need to be prepped for emergency surgery."

Caspian held his breath as he looked at the second floor windows as two firemen climbed through it and he couldn't stop the tears that welled up in his eyes.

The medics rushed around, reporters were present and the crowd of onlookers had grown more; but, the tension remained high. No one knew who was still inside, what was happening or even what caused the fire; all they wanted to know was if everyone was safe.

Teenagers, adults, seniors and children watched with baited breath as the fire crew worked in unison and slowly forced the fire to decrease under the high amounts of water that gushed out of the hoses.

"WE'VE GOT THE BODY!!" A fireman instructed over the radio and Caspian stared straight at the window as he watched two of the firemen carefully climb out of a destroyed window and slowly navigate their way down the wide ladder whilst one held a slim body covered by a reflective blanket; over his broad shoulders.

Once the two firemen reached the ground, Caspian rushed over to them and helped them carefully place the body on a readily prepared stretcher; then, Beth and Yarah noticed this and rushed over to the body.

However, Caspian had already pulled down the reflective blanket and the ghastly sight made his tears spill out of his eyes with no control.

It was a heavy breathing Storm and she looked unrecognizably pale.

Caspian couldn't believe his eyes and then he accidentally let the blanket fall off of Storm's body; revealing the blood that spewed from her abdominal area and shattering Caspian's heart into a million pieces.

Yarah had reached Storm's body before Beth and Tasha; but, the horrendous sight of the slowly breathing unconscious teenager sent chills down her spine as her entire body became an unbearable weight.

"NOOO!!!!!!" Yarah screamed in disbelief and absolute agony at the sight in front of her as she couldn't stop the hot tears that raced down her cheeks. Her wails echoed loudly, her chest was tight, her throat was clogged up and her knees couldn't handle her weight as she buckled underneath it. Yarah crumbled into herself as she screamed in pain and wailed from heartache as her heart pounded in her chest.

The teenager couldn't take it.

The agony...

The heartache...

The pain...

The regret...

It was too much.

Yarah wailed as she sat on the ground and watched the paramedics push Storm's body over to a van.

She wanted to run after it..

She wanted to scream as loud as she can..

Yarah just wanted Storm to hear her..

To return to her..

She just wanted them to reunite..

But- all Yarah got was the painful sight of seeing Storm take one last short gasp for air as she laid in the back of an ambulance.

All Yarah got was the gut wrenching sight of watching the paramedics hurriedly attempted to save Storm.

They tried.

Yarah tried.

Everyone tried; but, no one knew what to do because-

Because-

Because, it was too late...

Storm was gone and the idea of that just destroyed every inch of will to live within Yarah as she gasped for air.

Caspian fearfully watched the actions of the paramedics and wept in silence at the sight whilst Beth wrapped her arms around Tasha and they cried together.

No one was more hurt than Yarah and no one felt weaker than Caspian.

He failed.

She was too late.

They were both unsuccessful.

That was their last moments of normalcy.

No one who knew Storm was ever the same again.

That was the end of their peaceful lives.

The end of Storm's life, love and dreams.

That brought along Yarah's love.

Yarah's Love In The Darkness...

Her Love For The Darkness...

The sweet, beautiful and comforting darkness.

It was The Beginning and The End.

The Beginning...

And...

The End...