Chapter 21.

The older woman smiled sweetly then she looked over at laundry room before returning her attention to Storm.

"Miss Carter, your father informed me about some clothing that he didn't recognize-" Mrs Chavez started to say but Storm quickly interjected as she walked over to the woman "Oh yeah! I'll take those with me. They belong to my friend."

The woman nodded knowingly with her mouth slightly ajar as Storm pushed past her and rushed over to the small room.

As she walked into the somewhat small space, Storm spotted Yarah's neatly folded clothing and picked it up before she walked out of the room.

Mrs Chavez was nowhere to be seen so Storm walked over to her backpack, unzipped it and removed a few of her books to carry in her arms then she packed Yarah's clothing into the bag before she closed it and swung it over her shoulder. The tall teenager walked over to the dining table and picked up her phone before she walked over to the sidedoor.

"I'M LEAVING, MRS CHAVEZ!!" Storm called out as she opened the door and stepped out into the garage. Using her keys, she pressed the button on her remote and allowed the door to roll open whilst she climbed into Monster and placed her school bag and books on the passenger seat.

Carefully, Storm reversed out of the garage and as she backed out of the driveway; the door rolled shut so she turned onto the tar road and drove down the street.

Storm didn't go straight to school.

Instead, she took a detour to the only legal marijuana supplier in Wayville.

The red Jeep came to a stop in front of the small olive green building and Storm smiled at the sight of the store as she turned off the car engine and let the retractable roof cover the vehicle.

Once the car was covered, Storm climbed out of Monster and headed towards the entrance of the smoke shop.

Sunny Dayz is the only legal marijuana supplier in Wayville and it's run by a man known by the name Smokey. Smokey claims to be from Jamaica and no one has ever contradicted him so everyone just believed him.

Sunny Dayz is quite small but very spacious and the air always smelt like weed; though no one was allowed to smoke inside the shop. The walls were lined with a few shelves that had various sized glass containers filled with different strains of weed and then there was a few portraits of stoners, like Snoop Dogg and Tupac, hanging on the grass green walls.

There are a few short aisles but they all were decorated with different containers filled with strains of weed. There are also a few items on the shelves of the aisles like crushers, lighters and rizla's; but, it just made this place feel more and more like heaven on Earth.

Storm couldn't help but smile as she walked into the shop.

"Eyy, it's the English colonizer!" Said the thickly Jamaican accented man that popped up from behind the counter on the right side of the wall. Storm rolled her eyes as she stepped over to Smokey and said "I'm pretty sure all colonizer's were English."

Smokey was a good two feet shorter than Storm with a dark tan skin, neck long dark brown dreadlocks and these tiny nut brown eyes that was always bloodshot red. He often wore his homelands flag with pride.

Smokey shook his head as he walked around the counter.

"Ya stopping here before school. Some'in is wrong." The older man said as he lead Storm towards the far left aisle. With a shrug, she said "I just needed to restock. I'm quite a mess mentally."

"Ahh, ya girl was here wiff some college guy yesterday. I den thouht dat ya gon' smoke together.."

"Tasha was here yesterday?"

"Yes, mahn. She bought a lot of good strain for dat skinny boy."

"Did you notice anything about him perhaps? Like his car, maybe?"

"Ahh, he drove one of dem old school white cars." Smokey said as he picked up a sizeable glass container from the shelf and turned to face Storm.

"A Corolla?" Storm suggested as she took the container from Smokey and he nodded in response as he walked past her. The teenager followed the older man to the front of the store then he stepped behind the counter whilst Storm walked around the front.

Smokey took the glass container from Storm and said "He wore a blue varsity jacket. From Rochester." The teenager nodded as she watched the older man pull out a fully packed transparent plastic bag of pure violet coloured marijuana heads.

Storm's jaw dropped slightly from excitement.

Smokey smiled brightly as he said "Top Purple Haze. From da motherland."

Storm quickly reached into her back pocket and pulled out her wallet as she watched Smokey scan the plastic. He said as he took out a rolled up spliff "A small gift."

The teenager thanked Smokey then he handed the plastic bag over to Storm after she paid then they greeted each other and she walked out of the shop.

Storm climbed into Monster, leaned over her passenger seat and placed the plastic bag inside the cubby then she sat upright and placed the blunt that Smokey gave her in her mouth before she took out her lighter. She lit the blunt, turned the engine on and revved up the car before pulling out of her parking spot.

Storm let car roof roll back as she smoked with a small smile on her lips.

However, as Storm turned the corner that lead to the local park; she spotted a young man standing on the side of the road next to a white Toyota Corolla with his thumb stuck out.

Curious, she pulled up on the road across from the car and parked her car.

Storm climbed out of Monster and flicked away the nip of the blunt as she looked at the young guy who turned to face her. She plastered a bright smile on her face as she walked over to him.