Chapter 7.

"Oh God..." Yarah groaned loudly as the sound of a vibrating phone awoke her.

She blindly reached out to turn off the phone but missed and lost her balance. With nothing supporting her, Yarah fell off of Storm's bed and onto the black fur rug in front of Storm who had picked up her phone and turned off the alarm.

Yarah looked up at Storm who already had on a track outfit and had tied her hair back into a tight ponytail. The shorter teenager sat upright even though her entire lower body was wrapped up in the sheets that once neatly covered Storm's bed then she casually said "Morning."

Storm scoffed before she said "C'mon, rise and shine, ya need to get home before my father gets back." She held her hand out for Yarah who quickly took it and stood up. Storm explained as she picked up her bedsheets "I have to get in a 5k run before my game today so I have to drop you at home ASAP."

Yarah nodded as she rubbed her eyes then she said "I'm assuming you don't have anything else for me to wear, right?"

"Unfortunately, no but I'm sure no one will even notice you sneaking into your house since it's only 6:45."

"6:40- what?!"

"6:45."

"In the morning?!"

"Yeah..."

"Oh my fucking God!!" Yarah groaned as she threw herself onto Storm's bed.

The taller teenager chuckled as she sat on the edge of her bed and said "You could stay here and then meet my dad; who'll assume we're dating, which we aren't. That will lead to a whole other situation with Tasha and I don't want that."

Yarah groaned as she sat upright again. She sighed as she mumbled "Fucking Tasha.." Storm furrowed her brows as she inquired "What was that?" Yarah quickly shook her head and they simultaneously stood up. Storm said as she gestured at her soft black fake fur morning slippers and the thick fake fur black nightgown on her ottoman "You can wear that to cover yourself.."

Yarah nodded in thanks as she walked over and picked up the thick robe while Storm took out her car keys from her dresser. She sighed with reluctance as she held the keys in her hand but she just had to.

Storm drove a crimson red Jeep Wrangler with a retractable black roof, a paprika red leather interior, striking red detailing on the grill of the car and customized red and black BBS rims imported from South Africa. Her car's name was Monster and absolutely nobody drove Her Monster.

Until today..

She had to get in her 5k before her game but she also had to ensure that Yarah goes home because she somehow wanted a reason to see her again.

And if seeing Yarah again meant using Monster as an excuse, then so be it!

Storm turned to Yarah with a sigh.

"You can use Monster to get home." Storm explained as she walked over to Yarah.

"But no one drives Monster."

"How'd you- Nevermind. Just take the car and go home."

"Wow.. I'm honoured that you'd trust me with your car."

"Don't flatter yourself, Meyers. You have to bring it to my game so I can drive home." Storm said, acting unbothered.

But Yarah knew how much Storm's car mattered to her so she nodded and took the car keys. "Shall we get going?" Yarah suggested so Storm nodded and gestured towards the bedroom door. The pair walked over to the door, down the short passage then downstairs; passing quite a few embarrassing pictures of Storm.

Finally, they got downstairs so Storm took the garage door remote and said, pointing towards the slim white wooden door in between the dining and living areas "That leads to the garage." Yarah nodded as she walked over to the door. She slipped out and walked into the garage while Storm grabbed her water bottle, cellphone and ear pods before walking over to the garage.

Yarah had already climbed into Storm's beautiful car and sat behind the steering wheel while Storm used her remote to open the chocolate brown roll-up garage door. Yarah said as she turned on the engine "I'll see you at 12, okay?"

"How'd you know when's the game?" Storm inquired but Yarah was already halfway out of the garage and on the cemented driveway. Storm rolled her eyes as she began jogging out of the garage, popped in her ear pods and as the door closed, began jogging in order to stretch out herself.

This was an every morning routine for Storm, except that on Saturdays; she adds an extra 2km to her weekly 3km run around the city.

She had spent enough time working on her physical and mental health that Storm already knew when she'd exercise and she'd party. She managed to balance her life perfectly.

Storm had already started increasing her speed as she drew near to the skatepark.

Now, she was getting into it.

Running at her usual speed of roughly 45m/h, Storm had already finished 1km from her run and was starting to get pumped up.

Her breathing was still calm and relaxed but she wasn't going to slow down now.

Storm headed down the road that lead to the sea port and had finished her usual 3km but she had to run further.

She was making great time, her playlist that was jam-packed with Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, City Girls and Ashnikko was more than enough motivation to push her.

Storm ran.

Her run was starting to become stagnant but she enjoyed it.

Finally, as she reached the abandoned train station, Storm's alarm went off.

She reached 5km so she slowed down her running.

Suddenly, Yarah popped into her mind.

She was quite a curious creature that just intrigued Storm.

She had to know who Yarah Meyers was.

This teenager who drunkenly and unknowingly just attracted Storm in the span of roughly an hour.

With her blood pumping with excitement from her upcoming game, Storm turned around and began sprinting back the way she came.