Chapter 43.

Alicia recorded Storm and Caspian with a smile on her face as the teenager's expression turned into a look of pure shock.

A pair of 1990 caramel coloured Timberland boots laid perfectly packed in the box and the sight made Storm very happy as she smiled brightly. She looked up at the pair and said with joy "Thank you so much!!! You guys have no idea how bad I've wanted these!!"

Caspian smiled as he looked at Alicia and the mischievous look their faces made Storm furrow her brows in curiosity; then, she asked "What're you guys hiding?"

The couple stepped aside and Caspian said loudly as he looked at the door whilst Alicia continued recording "Only the biggest gift that you could have hoped for.. Your Brother From Another Mother, Your Twin Flame and The Ying To Your Yang...."

"Nkosinathi Kunene!!!!" Said the thickly voiced young man that confidently burst into the room with a bright smile on his charming face. The sight of Nkosi immediately made Storm drop her gift, jump to her feet, run over to the teenager and wrap him in a tight embrace.

Nkosinathi Kunene is originally from Durban in South Africa; but, when he was 5 years old, his family relocated to the UK and that soon lead to him sparking a lifelong friendship with Storm. They were and will always be; best friends. He stands at 6"2 with his dyed sky blue hair trimmed into a neat flat top to match his dark brown eyes, dark bronze skin, the deep dimple in each cheek and slender body. He could charm the socks off of any girl and he always did.

The young man spun around whilst hugging Storm tightly and the pair giggled in joy.

Caspian looked at Alicia and smiled softly as she whispered to him "Told you she'd like the surprise..." He rolled his eyes as she bumped his hip with her own. The couple looked at the two teenagers as they smiled at each other then Nkosi said as he looked at the adults "I'm glad to know that I've been missed by this idiot. She forgot how to use her phone."

"Says the person who's phone never leaves their hands but can't text!" Storm retorted jokingly and laughed as Nkosi dramatically rolled his eyes. Alicia smiled at the teenagers as she grabbed Caspian's hand then she said as she pulled him towards the door "We'll give you two some privacy."

Once the adults left the room; the teenagers walked over to Storm's bed and as she picked up her gifts; Nkosi picked up the plate of pancakes and dug in as he watched her pack up her gifts.

Smiling with a mouthful of pancakes; Nkosi mumbled as he reached into the back of his pants "I bought you something."

However, Storm could barely make out what he said as she looked at him; so, Nkosi handed her the plate and chewed faster as he held up his index finger to silence Storm. The young man pulled out a thickly rolled cone shaped blunt from his back pocket then Storm's phone rang so she excused herself and quickly rushed over to answer it.

"Hey, Coach? It's Sunday." Storm said to her coach as she handed over the plate to Nkosi; before the older woman could even speak. Then the Coach replied on the other line "I know; and you know that I'd never call unless it wasn't important."

The teenager looked at her friend as he lit the blunt and gave her a reassuring nod; so, Storm spoke into her phone "Talk to me." Coach Baxter responded to the nonchalant teenager "Happy Birthday, by the way-"

"Thanks." Storm interjected as she took the blunt from Nkosi; so, Coach Baxter continued "Storm, I need you to come down to the school. It's about next week's game."

Storm choked up at the mention of the upcoming soccer game and coughed a bit as she returned the blunt to Nkosi; then, she spoke into her phone "Sure, Coach. I'll be there shortly." She hung up the phone and looked at Nkosi apologetically.

The young man smiled with a nod then he said as he handed her the marijuana "I get it.. This town needs it's superstar." Storm nipped the blunt in her ashtray then the pair smiled at each other as they headed towards the door and they immediately laughed as they looked at each other's bloodshot eyes.

The pair walked downstairs and got greeted by Alicia and Caspian; who sat in the living room. Nkosi said as Storm forked the last piece of pancake "You owe me, Storm. Remember that."

The young man walked over to the kitchen area whilst Storm walked over to the front door, grabbed her keys and called out as she opened the front door "I'LL BE BACK!!" Storm walked out of the house, down the front porch and as she stepped onto the grass; Zandile, Duncan and Beth climbed out of their car that was parked in front of the yard.

"Going so soon, birthday girl?" Duncan asked with a bright smile on his face as he walked over to Storm. The teenager pushed her hands into her pockets as the three adults stopped in front of her.

Beth said as she playfully punched Storm's shoulder "Adulthood is right around the corner for you.. Aren't you scared?" The teenager nodded with a small smile as she looked at the ticket in Zandile's hand and cocked her brow in curiosity.

"Oh? This is an all expenses paid gift voucher for a spa day at Jattoue." Zandile explained as she handed over the thin platinum white card to Storm and the teenager took with a grateful smile. She slipped the card into her pants pocket as she said to Zandile "Thanks, Zee. You really are my favorite aunt."

"I wouldn't say that so soon..." Beth sung as she nudged Storm's elbow so the tall young lady looked at her. Beth reached into her handbag, pulled out a box of chocolate edibles and edible gummy worms; before she gave it to Storm.

The teenager's smile widened with glee as she took the gifts from Beth and said as she hugged the older woman "Thank you sooo much, Aunty B!! You're definitely the best!!" Storm pecked Beth's cheek and Duncan rolled his eyes as he mumbled "Obviously bribery wins her heart..."