Chapter 11.

After Hünter's reluctant agreement, the pair of strikers intentionally messed up their attempts at goals.

With both teams struggling to score, the game grew tense and rather boring until the halftime whistle was blown.

The Wolverines jogged over to their coach and substitutes on the bench whilst The Hedgehogs made their way to their coach on the other side.

Coach Baxter crossed her arms and inquired as Hünter picked up a bottle of water "What's going on with you two out there?" Storm deadpanned as she popped open a water bottle "We're going to do the skyball trick we practiced."

Micky chimed up as Storm poured water over her somewhat sweaty face "That can work since we have a height advantage over them.." Hünter nodded and added "Plus, all we have to do is keep the ball with the tall players." Coach Baxter shook her head as she glanced over at the opposition team.

"No. It's too much of a risk since someone is going to have to distract the Hedgehog defense in the box and that's going to require a lot of energy, time and patience..." Coach Baxter started to say then she added as she looked at her team "Plus, who's going to be waiting to score the ball? If everything works out, that is."

Storm scoffed softly then she said "C'mon Coach, we're The Werewolves! With our hard work, skill and already awesome teamwork; there's no way we can mess this up!!" The entire team seemed to nod in simultaneous agreement with their Captain and this simply annoyed Coach Baxter as she nodded then she said "But, I am warning you all about this risk.."

Micky scoffed as she said "We've totally got this, Coach! Am I right, Wolves?!!" The team roared in agreement as they moved in closer to their Coach as she said loudly "Let's Go, Werewolves!!!!" Storm and her teammates howled in unison as they began moving back to the field and over to their positions.

Hünter and Storm stepped in front of each other at the center circle of the field then they glanced over at their team. The referee placed the ball in between the pair before he stepped away and blew the whistle extremely loud. Storm softly kicked the ball over to Hünter, who quickly began tapping the ball on the toes of her cleats.

The Hedgehogs began their running towards their opposition, so Hünter kicked the ball over to Micky who stood all the way in the goal posts. With the team dressed in pink running towards her end of the field, Micky threw the ball over to the defender on the right wing of the box.

This started it.

The Wolverine's began the playing the game they used at training; skyball.

The ball bounced across the field between the players dressed in blue as they attempted to keep the ball in the air for as long as possible.

Marceline inquired in anger as Storm chuckled at the shorter team who tried intercepting the ball "What's so fucking funny, huh?!"

The tall teenager turned towards the short captain and shrugged as she casually replied "Your stubby little team.." Marceline clenched her jaw as she returned her attention to the ball as it seemed to be moving closer to her but then it got sent all the way back to Micky.

Hünter chuckled but then the ball flew over most of the midfield and straight towards the empty space behind her so she began moving back.

However, Marceline followed Hünter's movement and also began back stepping.

The pair seemed to push defensively against each other as the ball got nearer.

Suddenly, they jumped.

Hünter, being the taller opponent, gave the ball a good header and sent it straight towards Storm.

As Hünter landed on her feet, she turned her attention to Storm who was in the clear.

The tall teenager immediately began dribbling as she moved into the goal box but she knew she couldn't just try and score so Storm simply began moving to the right side of the box, drawing the goalkeeper away.

Then the goalie dove to get the ball.

Thankfully, Storm had already dipped the ball over the girl who was on the ground.

As Storm fell over the goalkeeper, screams and shouts erupted from the crowd; just as the final three whistles blew.

The tall teenager rolled herself over and sat upright.

It was wild.

The entire Wolverine team and its supporters went wild from excitement.

Storm smiled brightly as she watched most of the audience celebrate the simple goal then Marceline said to Storm as she helped up her teammate "Nice goal. Congratulations."

The masculine teenager looked at her opponent, nodded in thanks then she said as she stood up "You guys surely didn't make it easy for us, though. Thank you for that."

"Oh, this does not mean the end of our rivalry."

"Rivalry?"

"Rivalry.. Fued.. Call it whatever, I'm still going to push myself and my team."

"Honestly, I am a hundred percent sure that my team would love that." Storm said as she and Marceline turned their attention to their teammates who greeted each other in respect. Storm said with a shrug "I'll see you around, I guess."

Marceline scoffed and walked away from Storm, just as Yarah and Tasha made their ways towards her.

Frozen in panic, Storm's eyes shot wide as she spotted the two teenagers walking over to her.

But thankfully, thanks to Bentley's awesome ability to interject at the right moment, Yarah was pulled back and distracted by the young man.

Tasha stepped in front of Storm before pulling her into a tight hug.

Following her instincts, Storm wrapped her arms around her girlfriends waist and returned the hug then the taller teenager said, acting as casual as possible "Babe, I gotta hit the shower before our date tonight.."

"Date?"

"Yeah, didn't I tell you?"

"No. I don't think so.."

"Well, now you know. Be ready by 8 and look sexy."

"Real smooth, Storm." Tasha said as she pecked Storm's lips.