Something Worth Fighting For Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

“So are we,” said Seth, rolling his eyes.

“Plus I think he’ll be a little preoccupied with Marian,” said Tyler.

Archer groaned.

“Don’t even start to remind me.”

Seth glared at Tyler and put a steady hand on Archer’s shoulder.

“Marian will be alright Archer. He obviously loves her so much that he won’t let her g-”

“That’s a freaky love though,” interrupted Tyler.

Seth rolled his eyes again.

“As I was saying, he loves her so much he won’t let her go. In a way it’s protecting Marian – and at least she’s not in our situation. He wants us dead, and if she were with us – he’d want to kill her too. It’ll work out eventually – you’ve just got to push aside some of those thoughts of Marian and Lachlan.”

“And remember, Lachlan’s dealing with a legendary hero of the streets,” added Alex.

Archer nodded.

“So you’re all in?” he asked hopefully, knowing Dan and Ryan weren’t (as usual) too keen.

“All for one and one for all,” smiled Seth.

“Yeah, count us in too,” said Ryan sheepishly, nodding at Tyler and Dan.

They all turned to look at Alex.

“Duh, I’m normally the one who comes up with the plans – of course I’m in.”

“That’s settled then; we have all but a few days to prepare this whole thing – so first thing tomorrow we’ll start to talk about how to get in and out of there alive.”

                                                                    ***

Marian had hidden Archer's phone under the bed and turned it off to make sure there was no way of Lachlan accidently finding it.

She stepped into the bathroom and could see Lachlan lying in the bathtub.

‘Please be wearing pants,’ she thought to herself.

“Come on in Marian,” said Lachlan, stretching his arms out.

She couldn’t tell if Lachlan was actually wearing anything, the bubbles were everywhere.

“That’s a nice bikini you’re wearing,” he commented, smiling at her chest.

“Thank you,” said Marian, getting into the bath next to him.

Her right leg was up against his left one, and she could tell he wasn’t wearing anything.

‘Just don’t look down.’

Lachlan began feeling up her leg; making it all the more tempting for Marian to drown him.

He kissed her neck softly, waiting for her to turn to face him.

Marian however, wanted nothing of it.

He growled and grabbed her neck; turning her to face him.

“Marian you’ll do as you’re told. If not, I’ll force myself on you – and I’m sure you don’t want that. You need to learn to give yourself over to me willingly, because you know I’ll get what I’m after either way.”

Marian whimpered; she could practically feel his eyes burning into her.

She reluctantly put her lips on his and began to kiss him, hating herself for what she was doing.