Chapter 29: What Lovely Show of Strength

Mulai dari awal

And this Asmodeus doesn't exactly comes across as a very pleasant character especially by how he brutally murdered Syura which, much to her guilty pleasure, is incredibly satisfying, no question about it.

And now, the enemy of the Empire is living in her own home, being a guest and practically forced her father in helping him usurping the Emperor as the new ruler of the city.

She shake her head, wondering if it was a good thing. In any other story, someone helping an enemy is considered to be an act of treason and betrayal that will be punished with either death, exile or life sentence.

However, considering how the Empire has become rotten to the point of being corrupt shell of its former self, she considered helping a literal demon of all things as a lesser of two evils.

If said lesser of two evils is just being manipulative and will back away from his promise as he can.

Maybe?

Spear sigh again, not exactly wanting to think about how seriously complicated the whole situation is.

They are already dealing with the Empire's overall corruption. But now, they are dealing with a literal demon of all things.

And even if Asmodeus does show himself to be nothing but a liar, how can she do anything with all her strength and skill as a martial artist of the Imperial Fists.

In fact, however reluctantly she tried to deny, she pales in comparison of other warriors in the Capital like the Empire's Strongest General, Esdeath or maybe Night Raid, the infamous organisation of assassins that kills people in the night, as their name implies.

And of course, Asmodeus himself because let's face it: what would her skills with her spear can actually against what Asmodeus is capable of, especially with literal magic on his side alongside the ability to summon that seriously demonic dragon of all things?

And now, once, when she trained while hidden in the forest, this act would actually make her relax. Now, she finally know that training wouldn't help much.

Spear then stabbed her weapon on the ground and sit down, cupping her face with her hand in frustration as she thought about her overall situation, "What am I going to do now?" She said, lamenting at her overall weakness.

"My, my. So this is where you are?"

Spear heard a voice and she turned around and looked above to see Asmodeus is sitting on a tree, grinning and looking at her from above.

Asmodeus then casually jump off from the branch and land rather perfectly as he then clap while looking at Spear.

"I could not blame you for wanting to have your own way of privacy. And here, in the back of your own home, in the middle of the woods, is a place with a sense of peace and tranquility like no other." Asmodeus said to the disgruntled Spear.

"What do you want? And more importantly, how did you find me?" Spear said to the Demon King.

"Let's all just say that it is a demon thing. Sensing souls is what we demons can actually do and I was sensing someone from the back in the middle of the woods and..." Asmodeus point at her and said, "...here you are."

Spear just doesn't respond to his explanation except just giving him a rueful glare.

"As for why I am here...." Asmodeus then put his finger on his chin, "Well...."
____________________________________________

"Why am I doing this, my lord?"

"For reconnaissance, of course. I need to know of the going on at Night Raid from both day and night and a Watcher will not deterred by it's speciality."