Chapter 49

Maggie

"good morning,  Mags" my family greeted me as soon as I went downstairs. They all wanted me to come home instead of going with them to Australia because I'm afraid I might see Sandro. Seeing him on television the other day gave me goosebumps but also love. I still love him. 

"Thanks, guys" I came home last week after they all talked me into it. They're all going to Australia today except for kuya Jackson because of their starting family thing. I'm staying home with him but what do I expect? he's gonna go to Andie's anyway. 

"I'll come with you to the airport. I don't have any plans for today anyway" I said to them. 

"Sure, honey. You can drive us there" Mom responded. I started getting ready by 10 am and we all went out for lunch at the restaurant nearby the airport. Mama and Papa wanted to celebrate their early anniversary with us so we all agreed to it.  

"Maggie, please take care of the house. Don't burn it" Papa plead

"I've lived by myself all the time dati sa bahay. Nakatayo pa rin naman, papa" 

"I know. Thank you anak" Mama smiled at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Finish up, guys. Baka malate pa kayo" kuya Jackson said and they all agreed with it. 

We all went to the airport and we're currently helping them with their luggage. 

"Margaret, are you okay? you've been awfully quiet these past few weeks" 

"Yes, dad. I'm okay" I gave him a small smile and he gave me a hug. 

"Sus, you're still thinking about your ex. Move on move on din Maggie" Asar naman ni kuya Ethan. Papa looked at him at binatukan siya. 

"Idiot. Stop teasing your sister" I laughed at them on how crazy they were. It feels good to be back home but I just can't stop thinking about Sandro. 

"You should talk to him, anak. Closure" Mama recommended. 

"I'll think about it Ma, ingat kayo" I hugged her and they all went inside leaving kuya Jack and me alone outside. We went back to the car and headed our way home. He looked at me and said

"I'm going to drop you off first then I'm going to Andie's. Day off naman natin, how about you?" 

"I'm just gonna do something today, kuya" 

"What are you going to do?" 

"It's nothing"

"Are you going to Sandro?" I looked down and stayed quiet. I want to but I can't. Considering he's not here at the moment but what if I call him instead? 

"Maggie, I'm sorry" I looked at kuya and I was shocked by his apology. 

"Why? what for?"

"I feel like I had to do something with your breakup. I pressured you both because of the scandal. I just don't want dad to be disappointed in me when I'm not able to do something about it. You're my sister. The company and our name were at stake. I didn't realize as well that I had ruined your trip to Ilocos because I got mad" 

"Kuya naman, it wasn't your fault" I took a deep breath and remembered the day I broke up with him. It was a mess. I remembered the words that I told him and the emotion I felt. It was all over the place. I remember his face, crying and begging me not to go knowing I would've done the same if it was reversed. I looked at kuya and said

"Sandro has duties. He has responsibilities, big ones. So do I" I told him

"I know and I'm so proud of you for acknowledging the duties you have to do for the company and the family. You both spent the past months together almost every day or every free time you have with each other" 

"I know, kuya. Things change" 

"He's a politician, Maggie. He's a Marcos. I told you from the first time you brought him here. It's never gonna be easy but despite that you love him, right?" 

A tear slowly dropped on my cheek "I really do"

"You're my sister and I don't want you hurt. I understand that you had to break up because things were too complicated and I can't argue with that. I'm glad you know how you should be treated but to me, AND THIS IS JUST ME. If you truly love someone, you're gonna have ups and downs and that's what makes the relationship strong. You both undergo the pressure and lessons that come your way. I hate seeing you like this. I want you to be happy so in my opinion, you should go talk to him. It will be better for you and for him to talk" 

I looked outside the window and I silently cried as every word of kuya's speech goes in into my brain and realize how much it made sense. He rubbed my back for comfort and hushed me. 

"It will be okay, Mags. I'm here, your kuya's here" I looked at him and smiled. 

"Thank you, kuya" He kissed my forehead and we continued to drive home.

After he dropped me off, I laid down on my bed and went into my contacts. Should I really call him? is my family right?

Fuck it, I'm not gonna call him. I stood up and got the keys to my car. I drove around town and spotted the bar where Sandro took me one time. 

----
hello kamusta HAHAHHA SORRY