Chapter 42

"How about we go for a drink, babe?" It happened in a blink of an eye when she quickly leaned in and kissed me. She looked at me and I quickly pushed her away.

"Sandro?" I looked at my side and saw Maggie with her face all red up. Shit. 

Sandro

"Maggie?" She started walking towards me and she kept staring into my eyes. 

"Hayop ka" She yelled and I took a few steps back while telling her that it wasn't my fault. 

"Babe, it's not my fault. Baby calm down" sabi ko sakanya at tumawa siya. Papalapit na siya at bigla niyang tinignan si Jane.

"fucking whore!" sigaw niya at inangat niya ang kamay niya. Napapikit ako pero wala ako naramdaman sa muka ko. Hinawakan ko mga pisngi ko at dahan dahan minulat ang mata. I saw Maggie slapping Jane and I quickly pulled Maggie. 

"Let go, Sandro!! How dare you kiss my boyfriend, you fucking slut?!" She kept pushing my arms away that was holding her waist para di na niya masampal pa. Jane's face was all red and her lip started bleeding. 

"Bitawan mo nga ako Sandro! ikaw din sasampalin ko!" Tinignan niya ako at agad ko siyang binitawan. Tatakbo pa sana si Jane kaso nahawakan agad ni Maggie yung buhok niya. 

"I usually call for security but now, sasapakin ko muka mo!" before Maggie tries to do it, kinuha ko na siya agad at nakarinig ng mga paparating. She better stop before anyone sees her like this. 

"Guard! Security!" I yelled and seconds later, may umakyat na para awatin ang dalawa. I held Maggie in my arms while she catches her breath. 

"I'll make sure your company regrets ever hiring you just because you're the daughter of Mr. Lim. I'll be happily telling Mr. and Mrs. Lim about your behavior, you whore!" The guards took Jane out while stumbling a bit from all the pain Maggie gave her. 

I was still holding her waist and she slowly turned around to look at me. 

"Do you mind if I ask you WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?" 

"Okay! so--" I was cut off when Jackson came in from the elevator. 

"Margaret! in my office now!" Jackson pointed at Maggie and yelled. 

"You too, Sandro!" He pointed at me as well and my heart started to pump out of my chest. 

We went to the elevator and I looked at Maggie. She still had a very cute angry face. I started fixing her hair because it got ruined earlier. I was about to use my other hand for her face but I noticed that she was holding it. I didn't realize that she was holding it when we got into the elevator. We stayed quiet until we reached Jackson's office.

He let us sit down on the couch and he went behind his table. 

"Okay, I'll be calm and I'll try to stay calm. Maggie, Sandro, ano nangyare?"

Maggie looked at me and expected me to tell the story. I sighed and um-oo nalang. Pambawi nalang sakanya. 

Kinuwento ko sakanya mula nang malaman ko na may meeting si Maggie with Jane and that Jane called me first but I didn't know that she was meeting up with Maggie. 

"She kissed you?" Jackson asked

"She did, Jack" He didn't seem to believe me and looked at Maggie

"She did, kuya. I saw it with my eyes. Do you think I'll be slapping her if I knew Sandro kissed her first? Baka hindi na makalakad yang si Sandro pag nalaman kong siya pala" She pouted and crossed her arms. I smiled at her and held her fingers. I'm glad she knows. 

"But why do you have to slap her, Margaret? nakakahiya! someone might see you in that state! I want to suspend you for your behavior! What do you think papa would say if he knew nakipag away ka?! This is the second time you've put our family in this situation. I'm relieved you didn't send the girl to the ER like you did last time!" Last time? There was a fight too? I looked at her at halatang nagalit siya sa sinabi ng kuya niya. I held her hand pero agad niyang binitawan

"Last time was different!" She yelled

"If this scandalous act goes viral. I'm sending you back to London like I did the last time, Margaret" I stayed quiet while the both of them argue. They stopped arguing when they heard someone knocking on the door.

"You are not sending Maggie back to the UK, Jackson" Their dad walked in with Ethan. Ethan sat down beside Maggie and asked her if she was okay. 

"Nakakahiya kayo. Nag aaway pa kayo sa harap ng ibang tao" Tito pointed at me and I was speechless because I didn't know how to react on it. 

"Where's my strong baby?" Her dad smiled and hugged Maggie. Maggie looked so surprised and glanced at me. 

"I watched the CCTV footage and you defended your place! She deserved it for kissing Sandro!" She instantly smiled and started jumping when she realized her dad was proud of her. She always loved being praised by her dad. She's a daddy's girl, that's why she always idolized her dad. Ethan gave Maggie a fistbump and told her a good job. Jackson was left speechless at his table and just stared at them.

"Now you know, Sandro. Wag ka na mag tangka lokohin ang anak ko" They all looked at me. If eye contact can kill, I would be dead. They kept a sharp look at me and I nodded. 

"I p-promise. I will never h-hurt Maggie" I flashed an awkward smile while I stutter the words. Gago, kinakabahan ako. My hands were shaking and I felt Maggie's hand hold mine. She smiled at me and held my hand tightly. I looked at her and finally saw her smile for so long. 

-

"Well, getting suspended was a good thing, I guess. I can come with you to Ilocos while my suspension ends!" Bumalik kami sa office niya at naupo muna. She packed up her things and fixed her office. Her brother still decided to suspend her for her behavior and her dad said it was for the best to take some time off too. They eventually made up and forgave her. They gave her permission to spend her suspension in Ilocos with me. 

As she packs her things, I gathered all my strength to finally apologize for everything. 

"Maggie?" 

"Yes, Sandro?" I went up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. I hugged her from behind and let my tears fall on her back

"I'm sorry, baby. for everything. I'm sorry I yelled at you and for saying things that I didn't mean. I shouldn't have said that because you're everything I need. I love the way you make me feel loved and cared for. You heal some of the scratches I have on my hands when I go home from a caravan. You cook me food so that I have a packed lunch for work. You bring me coffee whenever you're visiting, I love everything you do. I'm really sorry for being less than a man for not taking care of you. I've spent so much time at work and I forgot about my favorite person who takes care of me at the end of the day. The person who loves me for me and not because of my name. Please forgive me" She turned around and wrapped her arms around me as well. I can feel my shoulder getting wet from her tears. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't contact you" 

"Hey, shhh. It's all okay honey. It's my fault. Don't cry na" I wiped her tears and placed my hands on the side of her face.

"I love you so much. You're my home. Nothing is ever gonna change that, Margaret"

"I love you too, Sandro"

We hugged each other for a couple of minutes more. We just feel each other's presence because it has been so long since we've talked and physically been with each other. She pulled away from the hug and leaned in. I closed my eyes but I felt her palm rubbing my lips. 

"Someone else kissed you so let me just rub it clean muna" I laughed at her and finally kissed her when she was done. She smiled at me and said

"I can't wait to spend time with you in Ilocos"

"Me too, honey"

"So, may mga ex ka pa ba na boang?"