Chapter 19

Margaret

"Maggie, lolo and lola are waiting for you" Me and Sandro was still outside talking for a bit when Gabrielle called for me. "I'll be right there, kuya" 

"Bilisan mo, hinahanap ka din nila mama at papa" Umalis na si kuya at iniwan na kami ni Sandro. I looked at him and saw him already staring at me. 

"Wanna meet my grandparents?" I smiled at him and he gave me a kiss on the forehead. 

"Sure, love" 

I took his hand and went inside to find my parents first. 

"Mom? dad?" I went to their table and saw they were talking to their friends. 

"Hello mija, guys? this is my daughter , Margaret. It's been long since you last saw her, right?" sabi ni papa

"Oo nga nasa london kasi siya lagi kaya minsan lang umuwi. Hello, Margaret and Mr. Marcos" sabi nung isang friend ni papa.

Of course, they know Sandro. Sandro shook their hand and greeted all of them. 

"I'm glad you're back, Maggie. I can see that you are in love with THE Sandro Marcos. You better not hurt her Sandro, she's a great girl" tita Lucy said.

"Of course, ma'am"

"Sandro, this is Lindsey's mom, tita Lucy" I introduced him

"Nice to meet you po"

We talked for a bit and I asked papa and mama if I can talk to them in private for a while.

"Excuse us" papa excused us and we went into a private space where no one can hear us.

"What is it that you want to tell us, Maggie?" Mom asked

I looked at Sandro and held his hand. He looked at me as well and smiled. 

"Mom, dad? I said yes to Sandro"

They both looked at me tas sunod naman kay Sandro. "Yes to what?" papa asked

"We're in a relationship, papa" my parents were shocked but they were happy as well. Mama gave Sandro a hug and I gave papa a hug as well. "my little girl is growing up, huh?" 

"I'll always be your magandang anak papa" natawa naman sila and my dad gave me a kiss on the forehead. "don't tell kela kuya muna. I'll tell them" they both nodded and I went back to Sandro's side again. 

"Remember kids, I approve of your relationship. I just want you both to be honest with your parents" 

"Yes po tito" Sagot ni Sandro.

"I don't want any scandalous issues, okay?" mama reminded us. "I promise, ma"

"We promise, tita" Sandro corrected. 

"That's good. Go to your lolo and lola na" we both nodded and went to my grandparents. 

I continued to hold Sandro's hand until he put his arm around my waist. 

"I love you" I whispered

"I love you too, babe" 

-

"Grandma! Grandpa!" 

"Margaret! It's so nice to see you. We just finished talking with your brothers and I was right. Ikaw pa din matino kausapin" Tumawa naman kami with what Lola said. 

"Are you Maggie's boyfriend?" Grandpa pointed at Sandro

"Grandpa! we just started dating!" 

"Your statement earlier, that you were in love, Maggie was really surprising! My god, It really shocked me and you grandma"