Chapter 45

Sandro

"Kuya, she's not here. I looked everywhere for her. Maybe lumabas?" Vinny came back to me and told me the news. I immediately called her again but she still wasn't answering. I went to the guards para itanong kung nasan siya pero ang sabi ay bigla nalang din daw nawala. 

Shit, where the hell could she be? I excused myself from my team and went out to find her. Vinny came with me because he was nervous too. As I was walking down the road, nakita ko siya agad na may kasamang lalake and she was pushing him off. Nilapitan ko siya at sinabing

"Maggie, what's happening? why are you here? why aren't you inside?" I asked. 

"Sorry babe. Eto kasi si--"

"Jamie. I know. He's one of the media supporters here. Why are you two together and why are you bothering her?" Jamie looked at me and so did Maggie. She was about to speak when Jamie cut her to it. 

"I saw her walk out and I felt that she wasn't okay so I followed her, Sandro"

"Dun tayo sa loob" Nakita ko na madaming tao na ang pumapaligid samin kaya hinila ko na si Maggie papunta sa loob. We went to a private room where I'm held and the four us talked. 

"I'm sorry, am I in trouble, sir?" Jamie asked

"Depends, Jamie" Vinny giggled and but Maggie was focused on her little world. 

"Maggie? Sweetie? Is there something wrong?" I went up to her and kneeled in front of her. She was sitting down on one of the chairs and kept staring at the wall. She finally looked at me when I called her name. I looked into her eyes but I noticed that there weren't any sparks or color like it always has been. I touched her hand but I noticed how she slightly jumps at my touch. I held it tightly and caressed my thumb over her hand.

"can I go home?" she asked

"Maggie? is something wrong?" Vinny went up beside her and touched her shoulder. She didn't seem to jump at his touch which made me so confused. 

"can I go home, bunny?" Vinny looked at me for permission and I simply nodded. I didn't want to let her stay here if she wasn't okay. I wanted her to be comfortable and safe. I watched as Maggie held on to Vinny's arm as they exit the room. He kept a tight grip on her as they walk and soon vanished. She's been distant ever since we got over the fight and I tried maintaining our bond again but it doesn't seem to work. 

I turned around and saw Jamie with a nervous expression on his face. 

"Jamie, what were you doing with Maggie? and thank you for checking up on her but why didn't you bring my girlfriend here the moment you saw her?"

"Sandro, I don't know how to tell you this but I don't think I'm the one that should be telling you this"

"Tell me now, Jamie. Gusto ko na marining. Bakit ka tinutulak ng girlfriend ko kanina, ano ginagawa mo sakanya?" lumakas ang boses ko at dahan dahan siyang nilapitan. I crossed my arms and patiently waited for his answer. 

"Margaret and I used to date" 

Nanlaki yung mata ko at nanlambot. What the hell is this? 

"What?"

"Sorry Sandro, I didn't know that you two were dating. Seeing her today made me think that I was lucky to have her again"

"Have her again?! She's mine. She will never be yours again. You had your chance and you blew it!"

I was stopped when there was a knock on the door. 

"Sandro?" my assistant came in and closed the door.