Chapter 44

Sandro

"Okay, babe please behave and text me whenever you're getting out of the car, okay? I'll be back soon, I love you" 

I kissed my girl goodbye and got off the car we were in. 

"Okay, I love you too" She smiled at me and I closed the door. I was a guest speaker today at a local event here in Laoag. It has been a week since the incident at the mall and this is the first time that Maggie has joined me. She's been staying at the house because she was scared that it'll happen again. My dad recruited security for Maggie as well because of the attention that has been brought to her. A lot of people have been asking me if I had a girlfriend but all I could say is that I have no comment because I didn't want to say no, it'll hurt her. 

I saw Matthew in a room where I entered and he was waiting as well. 

"Hey bro"  I greeted

"Sup man" 

"Where's Maggie?" He asked

"At the car" 

"Why is she there? I love hanging out with her, she's cool" He smiled

"Oh c'mon, you too? my brothers are already hung up on her" It's true, my brothers love Maggie. They're always excited when she's coming over because she brings all kinds of sweets and drinks to them. 

"What's not to like? I'm impressed nga that you haven't posted or said anything to the public about her" I looked at him and was shocked at what he said about Maggie. 

"Is that a bad thing?" 

"Hmmm, It depends. I think it's time for you to let the public know how special this girl is to you but we both know that it has its negative side. You and I both know that" I sat beside him and thought about his statement. Luckily, no one was paying attention to us for a moment.

"I just don't want her hurt" 

"I know but she's tough. It wasn't easy for us but we made it through" It's true. They had a difficult time but they were strong and now, they are free to be together whenever they want to. I've always admired that and I've always hoped that I could do the same. 

I took out my phone and texted Maggie if she was okay and she replied yes. 

"Sandro, kailangan ka na sa labas" 

-

I'm currently asking questions for the people and most of them are teenagers who were interested about my campaign. 

I have Matthew with me and was answering questions as well.

"Ang tanong na po ito ay para po kay Sandro, may nagugustuhan na po ba kayo?"

I heard the crowd cheer and I smiled at their reaction. I looked at Matt and saw him nod. I looked at the girl once again and said 

"hahaha wala" That's all I could say. I didn't want to drop our relationship on a simple event like this. Everyone yelled and cheered. 

Akala ko handa na ako. I looked at Matt and I can sense the disappointment on his face. Ilang beses ko na sinubukan sabihin kaso hindi ko talaga magawa. I scan around the place to see if anyone was planning to ask me again and I saw a certain person at my left. She was smiling and clapping for me as she saw me look at her. I couldn't help but smile at her back. She held her hand up and waved at me. I smiled at her and then she vanishes from my sight. 

Pagtapos ng event ay agad na ako pumunta sa loob. I texted Maggie na baka andito siya pero hindi rin nag reply. 

"Kuya!" I turned around and saw Vinny smiling at me. I walked towards him and hugged him. 

"Hey. Why are you here?" I asked

"Oh, I just thought I'd stay here with you guys" I nodded 

"Maggie's here, right? I talked to her last night" It's been a half-hour since I texted and she still hasn't responded. I looked around the area but could not see her. 

"She is but can I ask you for a favor? can you find her? 30 mins na siya di nagrereply" 

Maggie

"hahaha wala" I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I've experienced multiple events where I accompany Sandro on his trips but this one was different. We were having a hard time this past week and we tried to bury the fact of hiding and keeping our relationship in secret. It was a relationship that is forbidden to be known. There was security who was guarding from a far. I noticed that there was no one guiding the car. My phone buzzed and saw Sandro's name on the screen.

"I'm almost done, thank you for dropping by to see me. I love you"  He texted. I was about to put it back in my pocket but it buzzed again. I saw dad's number. 

"Papa? is everything okay?" I asked

"No, Mija. We have a source that Jane is going to publicly speak about your relationship and your fight with her" My eyes widened, I clutched my phone and asked

"Papa, we have CCTV right?" 

"Yes, princess but we will never know what she'll say to the public!"

"Maggie! I want you home as soon as possible. You can't stay in Ilocos for now and fix this fucking issue, Margaret! you are putting the business and the family name on the line!" I heard kuya Jackson took the phone from papa

My heart was pumping out of my chest and everything around me became blurry. 

My tears fell to my cheeks and my knees became weak as kuya continues to lecture me. This is bad! I never should've done that. I've put Sandro's career at stake and I can never forgive myself if it ruins him. 

I looked at the place again and saw no one was looking. Lumakad na ako mabilis papalayo sa kotse at umalis. 

I wasn't fond of the place and there were still people around so I know that I'm still in the same barangay. 

"Margaret!" I turned around and saw someone waving at me. I couldn't see that much because there were a lot of people in front. 

"Vinny?" I called.

"Vinny? It's Jamie, Mags" 

"Jamie?" 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello! I'm really sorry for the late update. I've been having writer's block that's why I couldn't update at times :(( I'm thankful for all of you and I LOVE reading all of your thoughts and comments! y'all are the best <333