Chapter 16

Sandro

Maggie invited me over for dinner tonight because Gabrielle was bringing Samantha over. I just got home from work early and I was getting ready. Maggie's name all of a sudden popped out on my phone and rang. I picked it up and said hello

"Hey, Sandro! where are you?" 

"I'm getting ready Mags, why?"

"Just asking, papunta na daw si Sam pati si Jackson"

"Oh, is Jackson still at work?" 

"No, may pinick-up daw siya e"

"Ooohh maybe it's a girl" sabi ko and napatili naman si Maggie

"Wanna bet?" hinamon naman ako, jusko 

"Sure, honey. I'm all done na and papunta na ako" 

"Ingat! tell tita I said hi" 

we saud our goodbyes and bumaba na ako para mag paalam. 

"mom? I'm going over at Maggie's for dinner and she also says hi" 

"Sure, son. Tell her I said hi as well. What a nice girl" 

"She really is, mom" 

-

Papunta na ako kila Margaret and nakita ko nakalabas yung mga kotse nila. Madami bang tao? sabi naman ni Maggie family lang naman. I rang their doorbell and agad lumabas si manang Julie.

"Hello, goodevening po" binati ko siya.

"Sandro! magandang gabi din. Kanina ka pa inaantay ni Margaret, halina" pinapasok na ako ni Manang sa gate at tinanong ko siya kung kanino yung mga kotse sa labas

"ay sa mga anak ni sir Jack po yan, kela Maggie at sa mga organizers para bukas"

"ahh akala ko po kasi madaming tao, nakakahiya po"

"Nako, wag ka mahiya Sandro"

Pumasok na kami sa loob ng bahay and nakita ko may mga naka upo sa sala. Hala, nahihiya ako, asan ba tong si Maggie.

"Wait lang, Sandro. Tatawagin ko lang si Maggie" 

Umalis na si manang and umupo nalang din ako sa upuan sa sala. 

"Sandro!" I heard Maggie's voice and galing siya sa dining room. Tumayo ako and gave her a hug. "Hey, honey. Wow you look beautiful!" 

"Thank you! you look so gwapo as well" I kissed her cheek and she giggled. 

She stopped laughing when she saw the girl that was on the sofa. "Hi! I'm Margaret and you are?" she went to shake her hand but one of her brothers cut her off. 

"Maggie, Sandro this is Andie. Andie, meet my sister, Margaret and this is Sandro" 

We said hi and she said hi back. "How are you and kuya connected?" Maggie asked

"He's my uh-- date? "Maggie and I exchanged looks 

"I'm courting her as of now" Maggie clapped her hands and hugged Andie. "Oh my god you're the girl he was talking to when he was making sandwiches!" 

"Maggie! such a gossiper" 

"Hey! I  was hungry at that time and kasalanan ko bang ang ingay ingay mo" banat naman ni Maggie. That's my girl.

" What's up bitches!" Gabrielle entered the door and Samantha was behind him. Oh, so this is a date? Maggie whispered

"I think so, hun"

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know we had company" referring to Andie.  Maggie held my arm again and sensed she was excited. This is her first time in years getting to meet her brother's date again.