Chapter 41

Sandro 

It has been a week and Maggie still hasn't responded to my texts. I asked her brothers about her but they said that they barely see her anymore. She'll come home from the office and go straight home. She'll lock herself in her room and eat there as well. It's a relief though that they still don't know about me and Maggie but I feel bad for not letting them know. She hasn't been posting either on her social media accounts as well. 

I'm currently in an event and I was with Matthew. I asked Simon if he knew where Maggie was but Maggie barely talks to him too. 

"You okay, man?" Matthew came over to where I was seated. He was a spokesperson and I was a guest speaker.

"Yeah, I guess so" I smiled and continued to listen. There were a lot of people here and I don't wanna look sad LIKE THEY WAY I'VE BEEN FOR A WEEK NOW. Why isn't she still messaging me? have I hurt my baby that bad?

"Hey Sandro, can you ask Margaret if she's done with the portrait?" He tapped my shoulder and ask. I was confused because why would he talk about Margaret?

"Portrait?" 

"Yeah, I asked her to do a piece for me and Jamie. It's paid so don't get mad" He laughed and patted my back. 

"You've been talking?" I asked him 

"Uh, yeah? She's always asking how you've been" I looked at him and he seemed scared when I kept staring at him. My thoughts are piling up in my head and questions are forming. 

"SHE DOES?! MATTHEW HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL ME?!" I whispered into his ear at halatang nanginginig sa takot si Matthew. He looked around trying to seek some answers pero kinurot ko siya sa tagiliran.

"Ouch! okay okay! We've been messaging for a couple of weeks because of the portrait and you" 

"ME? she asks about me" Nalungkot naman ako at nanlambot ng malaman ko iyon. Kaya pala hindi nagmemessage kasi alam niya kung ano ginagawa ko. 

"Yeah, she just messaged me earlier. Some idiot broke a promise. Jamie and her are having actually lunch this week" Kinurot ko ulit siya at pinandilatan na ako ng mata. 

"Ang liit mo pero ang sakit mo mangurot!" He complained. Napa upo ako ulit sa silya ko at inantay na matapos ang event para matawagan si Maggie. 

Nag thank you at nag papicture na rin ako sakanila at atat na atat na ako tawagan siya. Unfortunately, I can't come home yet because I still have a lot of things to do here in Ilocos. I just want to hear her sweet voice again. 

"Matt, does she know that you told me?" 

"No"

"Good. Don't tell her" I ran back to a private room and closed the door. I opened my phone and debated if I should call her or not. It's 4 pm she might be in a meeting? should I call her assistant? her brothers? Should I call her? maybe a message would be okay or an email?

I felt my phone vibrate and I immediately answered it. I didn't even get to see the name but I pressed to answer.

"Hello?" I asked 

"Sandro? I'm in Manila and I just wanna know if you're down for drinks?" 

"Uh, who's this?" I asked

"Jane? the love of your life, Jane?" 

I looked at my phone and saw it was indeed Jane. She was my ex back in London but we broke up when she cheated on me. She's been trying to message me for a long time now and was asking if we could hang out again, just friends. Ever since I met Maggie, my life changed. I wasn't interested in any girls that have been putting up with me. I realized how great it feels to be with a good woman. A kind, beautiful, smart, artistic, and intelligent girl. That's why I couldn't help it if that woman is mad at me.