Chapter 29

Maggie

"Happy new year!" we all celebrated New Year together and I was on a call with Sandro. 

"happy new year, love!" he said

"Happy new year, baby!" I greeted back. Sadly, we couldn't spend New Year together but I was grateful that I was calling him. 

"I love you, Maggie! I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Don't party too much, okay? I know you can take care of yourself, honey. I just wanna remind you, okay?" Sandro reminded. Hay daming utos

"Babe! calm down, I'm gonna be okay. Ikaw ang mag ingat. I love you so much" sabi ko naman sakanya. 

"I'm glad that I'm going to be spending 2022 with you. I love you, Maggie. You're my home" 

"I love you too, Sandro! now go and have fun, my future congressman. I'm so proud of you!" 

He kissed me through the phone and I smiled. We said our goodbyes and went on with the party. 

Minutes later, I was with my brothers drinking outside but suddenly they had to go. 

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked them

"I have to go to Andie's," kuya Jackson said and went inside

"I'm meeting Sam tonight with her family" sabi naman ni kuya Gabb at sinundan si Jacks

"Lindsey and I are going to Tagaytay. I'll be coming home tomorrow  for the party" kuya Ethan said

I followed them inside and asked

"What? I thought we were drinking tonight?" We all planned that we were gonna have our drinking session at the house but I don't know why they changed plans

"We're sorry, Mags. It just came up" Kuya Jackson explained. 

"Okay. Have fun, you guys" I told them, and umupo nalang sa may sofa. 

"Let's party later tonight," they said and I just nodded. They all kissed me in the head and went out. 

I took my phone out and called Vinny

A few  seconds, he answered

"Bunny?" he said and I heard there were fireworks at the background.

"Oh, you came back to Ilocos?"  I figured

"Yeah, we're all here," he said and I pouted. All of my friends were busy. There was a silent moment until Vinny spoke out and said

"Everything okay, bunny? you want me to get kuya?"  

"Oh, no Vinny, it's okay. I just wanted to say Happy new year"  pinipilit kong di tumulo luha kasi pag nalaman ni Vinny baka sabihin kay Sandro at ayaw ko naman siya guluhin. 

"Happy new year, bunny! I'm sorry, I have to go na but I'll text you later, I'll tell kuya, you called" 

"Vinny, no---" I was cut off when Vinny ended the call. I wiped my eyes and stood up. My friends were all out with their families so I couldn't talk to them either. 

"Mija? tutulog na kami. Happy new year, princess"  narinig ko sabi ni dad habang palabas sila sa kitchen. 

"Goodnight, papa. Aakyat na po ako" I kissed their cheek and pumasok na sa kwarto ko. 

I looked at the clock and noticed it was 1 am. I laid down on my bed and scrolled down on my phone nalang. I noticed there were some girls and fan accounts of Sandro that have messaged me saying happy new year. I responded to some of them and posted a picture of me on Instagram.

sandromarcos7: gorgeous. happy new year  <3

I smiled at his comment and replied happy new year, have fun! 

Minutes later, andami na nag reply kay Sandro at nag heart sa comment niya. I really adore his fans, they're so cute!

An hour later, he called me. 

"Hey honey!" Sandro yelled

"Hey"

"Vinny said you called daw and he didn't think you were okay. Everything alright, hon?" he asked and naluluha nanaman ako. 

"What? yeah, everything's okay" I said and some tears fell out of my eyes. 

"Hey, stop lying. I know when you're lying. So, tell me. Mag move lang ako sa room" sabi niya. I wiped my tears and he opened his cam. 

"Sandro!" 

"If you're okay then open your camera" I fixed myself to make myself presentable then opened the cam. 

"hi" I mumbled then turned off the cam. 

"you look beautiful. What happened, love?" 

I told him what happened and was crying at the end of it. Everyone I knew was nowhere to be found and they were all busy with their lives. I understood that but it was just sad.

"I'm sorry. I'm supposed to be there to be with you too but--"

I cut him off and said "I know you have responsibilities and you're spending it with your family. I totally understand the situation, hon" I told him

"You know my situation but alam mo ba what I want? I want to spend the night with you! gusto ko ikaw kasama ko ngayon. Even if we just stay at home this New Year, I won't care because I'm with you. You're my home, remember?"

"I couldn't enjoy the party that much because I was thinking of you. I wish you were here with me. I wish I kissed you at midnight.  That's why I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to comfort or had the time to be with you today but hey, I promise. When we leave tomorrow, I'll always be by your side. I'm gonna kiss you every single time and I'll hold your hand without feeling nervous about anyone noticing us. I love you, Maggie. So fucking much" he added. Pagtapos ng speech niya, talagang umiiyak na ako. Di ko na napigilan sarili ko and was crying nalang. 

"fuck you" I mumbled 

"HAHAHAHA ANO NANAMAN?" he laughed

"I love you so much" I cried

"I'm speechless for everything that you've said. I love you, Sandro" I added. 

He comforted me for a bit and we talked for a couple of minutes pa until he had to go back outside. 

"Call me when you wake up, love" sabi ko naman sakanya

"I will. I love you" 

"I love you, babe" sabi ko naman at binaba na niya. 

Humiga nalang ako at inalala nalang lahat ng sinabi niya sakin. Ilang oras nakalipas, nakatulog na din ako. 

...

author: hi guys! belated happy new year! thanks for 3.3k reads! Btw, sana wag naman po agawin yung design at concept ng cover ng book :(( I understand there can be books with same pictures but wag naman sana pati design ng pagka gawa ng cover :( That's all for the authors note, leave comments and thoughts about the 'same designs' issue on the comments below! have a fun dayy!