Chapter 12

Sandro

"Hey Sandro, your friend Maggie called" I lift my head up to see Gio on the door. Wait! I looked at my clock and saw it was 11:00 pm. Tangina! I was supposed to pick Maggie up. I opened my phone and saw missed calls from my mom and text messages from Maggie. I called my mom first, letting her know that I'm sorry for taking so long in the office. I tried calling Maggie next but she wouldn't answer. I tried calling her a bunch of times but she still won't answer. Maybe she's asleep. 

I went outside my office and saw Gio packing up his stuff. "Gio? what time did Maggie call?" I asked. "Maggie? oh Margaret! she called around 10. May mineet kasi ako kanina kaya na late ako ng sabi sa'yo" I said thank you and went inside my car to go home. I decided to call Maggie one last time but she still won't answer. 

"Hey Maggie, I'm really sorry about today. Di ko na napansin oras sa office and ang dami ko ginawa but that doesn't excuse my mistake and incompetency. I promise to make it up to you because of today. I'm sorry, sana kumain ka na. Sleep well, my Maggie" I texted her and went home. It sucks cause she usually calls me when I'm going home so she'll know if I'm safe. I banged my hands on the steering wheel. Tangina, how could I forget about today? so stupid Sandro.

I arrived home and saw Simon at the sala. "Hey bro" he said. I mumbled a hum and went to the kitchen. I wonder if Maggie has eaten yet. I ate some food that was on the table and decided to stalk Maggie on social media. I saw her story on Instagram. She took some pictures with her brothers and her mom's jewelry shop. I haven't got the chance to ask her how her day was. I looked at her Twitter and saw a tweet that reaaalllyyy made me mad. 

"Hungry maggieee" she tweeted at 10 pm. So, she hasn't eaten yet! I put my plate in the sink and went upstairs. I laid down on my bed and texted her again. "I'm sorry again Maggie. I hope you have a good sleep" 

"Kuya?" Simon called outside. "what?" 

"Why are you grumpy? I'm gonna ask you if you saw Maggie today" Is he fucking kidding me?

"No, I fucking forgot about our date" I opened the door and saw him staring "you what?"

"OKAY OKAY! it was stupid but I'm gonna make it up to her" 

"You should, I saw her story just now," He said. 

"Yeah, I saw it too" he sat down on my bed and showed me the story. "What?" I took his phone and saw a new story from her. It was posted 10 minutes ago. She was eating ice cream with her brothers! 

"So, she's ignoring me?" I asked "What happened ba?" he asked.

I told him everything and he just stares at me. "tanga ka pala e" I threw him a pillow and planted my face on the bed. 

"She's really gonna ignore you about what happened. You forgot about her! and sabi mo nga, she's hungry" 

"ssshh, let's not talk about the obvious"

"why don't you call her again?" I opened my phone and tried calling her again. She still won't answer. "Okay give me her number" Simon said. "What? No!" 

"What? I'm gonna call her so we'll know if she's gonna answer" Oh. Nag-isip ako saglit tapos binigay yung number sakanya. Simon called her and SHE PICKED UP! ANG DUGA! Simon put her on speaker

"hello? who is this?" she asked. aww my baby. 

"Hey Maggie, it's Simon" I stayed quiet because she might know. "Hi Simon, how you doing and how did you get my number?" we looked at each other  confused on what to answer.

"Remember when you called kuya? I took your number just in case, I can't find him" Good reason.

"oh" 

"I'm doing okay, by the way, how about you?" Simon asked.

"I'm okay, just hanging out with my brother. Who is talking to my best friend so yeah, ramdam ng ramdam ko pagiging single" she laughed? I frowned because I really messed up today. Now she thinks she's single! I mean, yeah she is but she shouldn't feel that way! I'm here!

"aww, have you eaten yet?" I gave him a nod and waited for Maggie's answer

"Just some ice cream na inuwi ni kuya" 

"You haven't ate dinner?" 

"Uhm no. I was actually waiting for your brother kaso nalimutan niya yata. I was about to fall asleep when Ethan called me" tangina talaga! binatukan ako ng Simon and yes, I deserve it. 

"Let me guess," Maggie said

"Andiyan si Sandro no?" Simon looked at me and panicked for a while. He muted the call and said "Kuya! ano sasabihin ko?" "tanga ka, sagutin mo" we argued for a while until Maggie spoke again. 

"Hi Sandro, so I'm guessing you asked Simon to call me?" 

I took the phone and took a deep breathe

"What? nooooooo. He called you" I said

"Are you lying?"

I sighed and said yes. "I'm sorry I couldn't be there tonight" 

"I was ignoring your calls for a reason, Sandro"

"dooon't call meeeee Sandroooo, callmehunny"  I heard her giggle. How I miss that 

"Maggie?" Simon yelled 

"Yes Si?" 

"Can kuya call you now? I kinda need my phone" She laughed, hala kinikilig ako.

"Sorry Si, by the way I followed you back na on Instagram" I looked at him and saw him smile. nag usap sila onti and puta, why are they talking? she's mine. Simon is kind but still! that's my girl.

"Tawagan mo nalang ako Sands, bye Simon" she ended the call, and Simon took his phone. "you're welcome," he said before going out of my room. I opened my phone and called Maggie.

"Hi Mags" 

"heyy" she said coldly. ooohh I really fucked up.

"Why were you ignoring me?" 

"Actually, I was asleep when you called earlier. Kakakita ko lang 30 minutes ago when kuya woke me up"

"So, why didn't you call me back or text?" 

"I don't know, maybe I was just upset and sad about it"

"I'm sorry Maggie, I promise I'll make it up to you as soon as possible" 

"It's okay and I have to go na, I'm sleepy. Goodnight Sandro" 

"I'm sorry Mags" I said one last time before she said it was all good then hung up.

I really fucked up...

.

.

Update ako mamaya, loves! wait lang kayo dan <3