Chapter 25

Sandro 

Christmas eve is just hours away from now. Maggie and I are packing small paintings for her relatives that she did a month ago when we went back to Manila. I'm currently helping her because I didn't have anything to do today. 

"Love, can we eat lunch today outside?" I looked at her and she was staring at me. Hindi kaya madaming tao sa labas? It is the 24th of Christmas. A lot of people are gonna be in public and I can't risk going out together again after what happened in Ilocos. I don't want her getting hurt personally especially on Christmas. 

"Love? madaming tao sa labas e. Baka may makakita" She nodded her head and went on packing the boxes. It's sad because I can't even grant her a simple lunch for the day. I just really want to protect her from all the harsh comments. 

"Maggie?"

"hmm?" she said without looking at me. I can feel that she's sad because we didn't get to travel Ilocos after she went viral. Everyone was out looking for me in Ilocos and there were a lot of girls commenting on her Instagram and messaging her about me. Maggie remained silent and I told her to stay away from the app for a bit. She kindly understood and said it was the best choice naman sa ngayon but ramdam ko yung lungkot niya. 

*flashback*

"I understand that I have to protect my privacy as much as I can and especially what we have right now" sabi ni Maggie habang nakahiga saken. 

"I don't want to hide the fact that we're dating but I don't want you hurt as well. Seeing you cry because of me, makes me think that " I paused for a moment because I really don't know if what I'll say will hurt her. 

"What?" she sat up and looked at me

"Maybe I'm not good for you" She held my face and her eyes started to tear up. She laid down on my chest and hugged me tightly. Sinusubukan ko pigilan yung luha ko pero wala e, nalaglag. 

"look at me" I wiped my tears before lifting up her face. It was full of tears and her cheeks were red. My poor baby. 

I wiped her tears and kissed her lips. "I'm sorry, fuck, I  made you cry again" she giggled and wiped my tears.

"You're crying! come here, honey" she took me in her arms and embraced me. We stayed quiet for a while and enjoyed each other's presence for the moment. 

"You're way too good for me. I'm nothing compared to what you are, love. So, no. I love you so much, Sandro Marcos" There were more tears that left my eyes. I held her face and I couldn't believe that she still stayed after everything that has happened.

"Thank you. Thank you because you stayed. You stayed when you knew how much time I spent with work and what my priorities are.  You're the best, love. I love you so much" I kissed her lips more letting her know how much I love her. 

*end of flashback*

 After that, she has been conscious of what she posts and where would we go. She would ask me for dinner or lunch but I've always been protective because of what happened in Ilocos.

"come here" I let her sit between my legs and I wrapped my arms around her.    

"I'm sorry" that's all I could say to her because I really don't know what else to say or do. 

"It's okay" she rubbed my hand and leaned on my chest. 

-

Maggie

It wasn't okay but I don't know what else to tell him. It saddened me that ever since the incident in Ilocos, Sandro had been protective of me. After the beach trip, we spent most of the week at the house and spending each other's time at most parts of Ilocos where he usually spent his childhood. It was really fun that I get to spend time with Sandro and his family. It just sucks that we didn't get to travel more places in Ilocos. 

I took a look at Sandro and saw him still crying. I know how he felt and how much it pained him. I wiped his tears and kissed his cheek. 

"Wait lang" I told him and he said okay. I left the room and went to the kitchen. 

-

Sandro

She left me alone in her room and I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. Maggie and I met a few months ago. With the time we've spent together, I realized how difficult it can be for Maggie. I can deal with the hate but not my girl. I don't want her to be in any pain nor give her a hard time. 

"Honey? can you please open the door for me?" I heard her voice from outside. I looked at the clock and noticed that she was out for almost 10 minutes. 

I stood up and went to open the door. I saw her holding out a huge tray with food in it. Kinuha ko naman agad yung tray kasi halatang nabibigatan siya. 

"Babe! You should've told me that you were getting food. I could've helped you, masiyado ka makulit" natawa naman siya at pumasok na sa loob. 

Nilagay ko na yung tray sa table niya at naupo na kami. 

"I know, we can't have lunch so I brought our lunch here" She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. 

"You're so sweet" I leaned in and kissed her lips. 

"Kain na tayo" 

Sobrang swerte ko talaga dito.

-

"I'm sorry I couldn't stay for dinner, tita" I apologized to Maggie's mom because we also had dinner plans at home. 

"I know, Sandro but thank you for dropping by today and giving us these amazing gifts for Christmas" 

"Gifts?" Maggie turned her head and looked at me

"I brought gifts today" 

"We spent the entire day together and I didn't know there were gifts," she said. I can see that she was really confused by the look on her face.

"I hid it in my car cause I didn't want to spoil the surprise" She looked at her family and at me. 

"Sandro? what the hell is happening?" 

"I asked tito and tita if they were okay with my gift for you this Christmas" I reached for my phone and showed her it. 

She looked at it and nagulat siya. Napatingin siya sakin at sa phone ko ulit. Her dad was holding her mom who's very excited. 

"Tickets to London?" 

"Yes, love. We're going on a trip after the new years"

She continued to stare at me and I noticed that she was still in shock. 

"Mom? dad?" she asked

"We already said yes, princess and napag usapan na namin yung rules, right Sandro?" her dad asked

"Yes po. So, Mags?" 

"CMON! SAY YES TO THE MAN!" Ethan yelled 

"We're going to London" she whispered

"yes, we are" I said

"OH MY GOD, WE'RE GOING TO LONDON TOGETHER!" she jumped into my arms and I wrapped my arms around her. Her brothers awwed in the background while her parents smiled.

"THANK YOU, SANDRO! I can't wait to be back in London! and I'm so excited that I get to be with you!"