Chapter 17

Today is the day of Avelia's event party. It is supposed to be a party event for everyone that has ever helped and worked in Avelia. Margaret and her family are preparing for the party as well as Sandro. Sandro kept thinking about what he'll do or what will happen later tonight. He was nervous about Maggie introducing him to her whole family and worried about what they will think about him. 

Margaret

I went downstairs because papa was calling us to meet for a bit. 

"Mga anak, the party starts at 6 and I want you there at 5, okay? Me and your papa are gonna go na" sabi ni mama while fixing her shoes. It was 3 pm in the afternoon and my brothers were still getting ready.

"Ma, I'm gonna pick up Sam so aalis na rin ako maya maya" Kuya Gab reminded them and my other kuya's told them that they were picking up their dates as well. 

"How about your sister?" Papa asked "she'll be with me, dad. Pick up namin si Lindsey" Ethan said.

"third wheel si Mags!" Tumawa naman ng malakas si kuya Gab and binatuhan ko naman siya ng unan na nasa sofa. Bwiset!

"Stop teasing your sister, Gabrielle and Margaret, lakasan mo pag bato" sabi ni mama. buti nga sa'yo! We all laughed at what mama said and nag tampo naman si Gab

"Duga mo talaga, mama" Mama hugged him and reminded him that he loves her. Sweet!

"Margaret, is Sandro coming with his brother?" Tinanong naman ni papa "Yes dad and I invited his parents, is that okay?" sana okay lang, nakakahiya pag humindi si papa huhu

"Of course, Mija. I would love to meet BBM and his wife" sabi ni papa. 

"Papa, I know you're thrilled but I would really appreciate it if we all treated them as normal guests at the party or in real life and not because they're the 'Marcos' clan" 

"I love your sincerity and mindset, Margaret. We have definitely taught you well. You know how to be equal and to have compassion for the people around you" Papa hugged me and gave me a kiss on the head. Mama hugged me as well and whispered an 'i love you'

"I've never expected that the Marcoses will be meeting our family" Jackson stated. It was quite unreal, to be honest. Who would've thought that the Marcos family will be attending our party? It sucks tho because Vinny is not here. I would really love to meet him because he was really fun to talk to. 

"Your lolo and lola are gonna be there too so please behave" papa reminded us because last time we got all drunk and got really loud.

"Alis na kami ha, sumunod na kayo maya maya" 

-

I was up in my room getting ready for tonight. I decided to call Sandro to see how he's doing.

"Hii!" 

"Hey, honey" sagot naman ni Sandro. I opened the camera and showed him what I was doing. 

"ooohh, you look beautiful" 

"Thank you, Sands. What are you doing?" I asked while I'm applying my makeup

"I'm having some merienda. Maya maya ako mag bibihis. Kumain ka na ba?" 

"Kumain lang ako ng bread na inuwi nila mama kanina. Is your mom and dad attending the party?" 

"Yes but they won't be long kasi may dinner plan din sila. Simon will also be coming with me"

"That's great! I can't wait for everyone to come. I just called to ask how you were" 

"I'm okay, honey. A bit nervous"