Chapter 20

Margaret

"Goodmorning, love!" I cheered when I picked up Sandro's call. It has been a week since we started dating. I still remember what happened that night. It was fun and things got a whole lot of crazy. No rumors of me and Sandro dating this past week so what a relief!

"Goodmorning, love. I have a campaign today with dad. I'll be assisting him" Sandro was back in Ilocos 3 days ago because of work. Luckily, I got a job now at Avelia. I was head of the marketing designs. I still make commissions for anyone who orders from me to earn more money with it. 

"Be safe, today! I love you" 

"I love you, Maggie. Do you have work today?" he asked

"Yes, love but I have to drop by mama's shop after work" 

"Mag ingat ka. I can't wait to see you again" 

"You'll be coming to Manila in a few weeks right?" 

"I will so that I can be with my girl"

"that's so cheezy!" 

"AHHAHAHAH okay, you're mean talaga, love"  tawa ni Sandro

"I have to go, love. Papa's waiting for me. Update me today, okay?" 

"I will. Have a good day, love" 

"I love you, Sands"

"I love you, Maggie"

we ended the call and we proceeded to our day.

-

As I finish multiple designs and meetings throughout the day. I looked at the clock and saw it was lunchtime. I went to Jackson's office and knocked on the door. 

"Come in"

"Kuya? let's have lunch" 

"I'm having lunch today with Andi, bunso. Maybe you should ask Ethan" I nodded and proceeded to Ethan's office. Di naman malayo office nila. Kumatok na ako and I went inside. Nakita ko naman na he was already having lunch.

"Kain Maggie" inalok niya ako

"No, thanks kuya. May tatanong lang sana ako but never mind"

"You sure? Lindsey was over to bring me lunch and asked me to give you these cupcakes. Di kasi siya makapag tagal kaya pinabigay nalang because you were still in a meeting" he explained. Sana all?

I took the cupcakes and thanked him.

"I'll go ahead. Tell Lindsey, thank you ha! love u" 

"love u too" 

Lumabas na ako and bumalik sa office. Gutom na gutom na ako! nilagay ko na yung cupcakes sa desk ko and started eating those instead. I still had some coffee left so I drank it as well. Nag text ako kay Sandro na kumain na siya and inantay nalang reply niya.

I waited for a bit when my phone dinged.

"I'm about to eat, how about you?" 

"Just some cupcakes that Lindsey brought over" I texted back. 

Kinain ko na yung cupcake while scrolling on my phone when Sandro's name appeared on the screen. Nako si boss, natawag.

"Honey?" I called

"Why are you eating cupcakes instead of a meal?"

"wala ako kasama mag lunch, babe and tinatamad ako lumabas"

"Don't make me go all the way to Manila just to feed you, honey. Eat something" wow strict. Napangiti naman ako sakanya.

"It sucks cause you're at Ilocos. I would've made you feed me now"