Chapter 47

Maggie

"Hey, how are you?" I smiled as I hear Ethan's voice. 

"I'm good kuya, how are you?" 

"Okay lang din. Soooo~ Sandro's leading in the polls" I closed my eyes and felt my heartache. It's been 2 months since I left. After I broke up with Sandro, I decided to come home that day as well. He insisted I would come home in their private jet. I agreed because it was already prepared by him. 

*flashback*

"Do you have all of your bags?" He asked. I looked at him and saw him looking down. I clutched my bag in my hand and nodded. 

"I'm gonna go now. Hinatid lang kita dito, it's the least I can do" I stayed quiet. I bowed my head and fought the urge of crying. He was handling my other luggage and helped them put it away. No one from his family knew I'm going to leave so I had to message them for my apologies. I looked at Sandro while he put my things on the jet. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me looking at him. I quickly pulled away and pretended to look at the sky. It's gloomy, beautiful. It was handsome and had a great smile. I came back to life when I realized I was staring at him. He was indeed handsome. I can still remember the first time I ever saw him. 

"It's ready, Margaret" Margaret... It's not honey, baby, babe~ It's just Margaret now. I walked towards the plane and met him at the stairs. 

He looked into my eyes and flashed me a small smile. I held the side of his face and smiled.

"I love you so much, Sandro"  His tears finally dropped, and smiled once again. I can see the pain in his eyes but I have to accept it. It's for the better.

"I love you, Margaret. Mahal na mahal kita" He kissed my forehead. 

I looked at him one last time before leaving Ilocos. Before leaving him there all alone.

*flashback over*

"Kuya, please don't" I sat down in my chair and opened my laptop. I searched for Sandro's name and saw the polls back home. Various comments and posts about the election. Fans have been messaging me nonstop asking about our relationship. I don't think anyone knows about us and It's okay. I'm glad no one is focusing on that. It has been a relief when I left. Everything became normal but not the media. Leaving the house and going to the mall became normal but I still couldn't bear the fact that I'm alone. 

"Why do you have to leave, Maggie? There's no point in that. You could've stayed home. Lindsey has been worried sick and so am I. So as everyone. Simon's been asking as well if when are you going back home" 

"Kuya, alam mo naman. I can't stay there. You and I both know Sandro will do everything just to see me and I can't... I can't---" I sobbed when I remembered how Sandro would knock on our door just to see me. 

*flashback*

"Princess, Sandro's here" My dad knocked on my door and slowly opened it. I was cuddled up in my bed, 2 days after I left Ilocos. Apparently, kuya Jackson had a meeting with Jane's parents and threatened them to sue the company for immoral acts that kuya's private investigator has found on them. He hired a PI when he learned about our breakup. He confessed that he felt bad for putting up pressure on us and for screaming at me. Jane also was faced by kuya Gabrielle and also threatened her to show the CCTV footage of her pushing herself to Sandro. 

"Mija, I'm totally on your side because you're my daughter and I understand your point but I think you have to talk to Sandro" I looked at my dad, and gave me a small smile. He rubbed my head while I silently sobbed.