Chapter 46

Sandro

"We should break up"

I looked at her with disbelief and my eyes widened when I heard her say those words. Her face was stained with her tears and her eyes were red. Kahit kailan ay di ko inasahan na sasabihin niya yon. 

"What?" Tanong ko

"I don't think this is gonna work" She turned around and faced the wall. Ramdam ko yung sakit na nararamdaman niya. I never intended to be like this. Gusto ko lang naman maging masaya ng kasama siya pero sobrang dami na ang nangyayari. I went up to her and wrapped my arms around her stomach. 

"Please don't go" I cried. I laid my head on her shoulder at onti onting umiyak. Naramdaman ko ang mga kamay niya na yumakap din sakin. 

"Sandro, I have to. This is too much" She choked on her words and proceeded to cry. I held her tightly because I'm scared na baka eto na yung huling mahahawakan ko siya. 

I walked in front of her and held her face. I lifted her chin and she looked at me. 

"Kaya natin to, love. You promised, right? Remember? you're my home, Maggie"

"Please don't leave me, love. I'm begging you please mahal" Lumuhod ako sa harap niya at yumakap. Halo halo na ang emosyon ko at ginagawa ko nalang kung among sa tingin ko ang makakapg pabago pa sa isip niya. She kneeled down infront me and held me. 

"Sandro, wag ganto. Stand up, baby" Pinilit niya ako tinayo pero hindi kaya ng mga paa ko. I can hear her crying and pleading for me to get up. 

"Margaret, you're my home. Please, I don't want you to go. I'll give you everything you want. I'll make time for us and I'll be a better man. Please give me another chance" 

"Yun na nga, Sandro" Reklamo niya. Tumingin ako sakanya at umupo siya sa kama. 

"I don't want you to change everything. You're perfect the way you are, love. Hindi lang siguro tamang panahon to. You're running for congress and I know how much you want to be a congressman. I know you want your family to be proud" 

"but can't you be there for me?" tanong ko

"Sandro, ang dami na nangyare. I've risked your carreer over a fight. How many girls do I have to meet pa? Sa sobrang busy mo, nakakalimutan mo na nga ako. How do you think this will work? May paparating na interview any time this week because nakipag away ako" Utal utal na siyang nagsasalita at di mapigilan lumakas ang kanyang iyak. I stood up and sat beside her. Hinawakan ko siya at hinayaang ihiga siya sakin. Niyakap ko siya ng mahigpit at hinalikan ang kanyang noo. 

"I'm sorry, honey" That's all I could say to her. I listened to her cries and held her as tight as I can. 

I know. I know we haven't been in a good place but I never thought that she would leave. She was the best thing that has ever happened to me. She gave me life again. She made everything so much better and I was too naive to remember how much she means to my life. 

"Baby?" I called. She hummed and I lifted her chin. I kissed her forehead and so as her cheek. 

"I love you. I love you so much, Margaret"

"I love you too, Sandro" We pressed our foreheads together and silently held each other. 

"But I really don't know" she whispered. Kumalas siya sa hawak ko at lumayo. 

"I can't be with you! I don't want to ruin your life, Sandro" she cried

"Don't you think that I would've let you go if you were ruining my life?!" I yelled. Lahat ng emosyon ko onti onti ko naiilalabas. Punong puno na ako na marinig sakanya na hindi siya para sakin. She's my whole world, why would she feel that? 

"Maggie naman! ako nga mas unang sumira sa buhay mo e! I let you into my life! I let you into my family and you're telling me that you don't want to ruin my life? My life is already ruined, Maggie! but you came...

Ever since I saw you from the fucking airport I couldn't stop thinking about you. Tangina, everything became better! You made me realize that there's more to life than being a Marcos. You showed me how people can still love despite all the hatred I've received all my life... Mahal kita" I looked at her 

"Mahal na mahal kita... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for everything. I shouldn't have forced you into this life" Hindi ko na matapos ang sinasabi ko at tumulo na mga luha ko. I faced the window para maiwasan ang muka niya. Hindi ko kayang tignan siya dahil alam ko na pipilitin ko baguhin ang isip niya. There was a silence between us until she asked me

"at the event earlier, I was watching you" Lumingon ako sakanya at nakitang nakatungo ang ulo niya. Natural na magagalit ako sakanya dahil hindi niya sinunod ang utos ko na mag stay sa kotse o sa office dahil ayoko lang mapahamak siya. Ever since the incident sa mall at dito sa Ilocos, natakot na ako. Hindi ko alam kung anong possible mangyare pag may nangyaring masama sakanya. I could never forgive myself if that ever happens.

She sat beside me and held my hand. She looked at me and gave me a small smile. 

"You were so great. Proud na proud ako sa'yo dahil alam ko, you'll be a great congressman for the people of Ilocos norte" I smiled at her and gently kissed her forehead. We stayed silent but I noticed that she was starting to cry again. 

"pero ang sakit... ang sakit na itinanggi moko. Alam ko, we had an agreement pero tangina, ang sakit" If only she knew... Bakit ba ako natakot? 

"ang sakit na onti onti mokong nalilimutan" 

Niyakap ko siya at hinayaan umiyak sakin. Ramdam ko nababasa ang damit ko habang nakayakap ako sakanya. 

"You deserve so much better, Margaret" sabi ko sakanya

"I'm sorry... If I wasn't able to be the best man you deserve" I added. 

"I guess, hindi lang natin oras ngayon" sabi niya. hinawakan niya ang muka ko at dahan dahan nilapit ang mga labi niya. I kissed her with all the love I have for her dahil kahit sa kiss man lang. Maramdaman niya kung gaano ko siya kamahal. 

"Someday, my love. If it's meant to be, It'll be. I will always love you, Sandro Marcos. I hope you reach your dreams and remember, I'm always a couple of steps behind you, cheering and supporting you. If magkita man tayo ulit, I hope it's for good. Mahal na mahal kita...

Let's have coffee when we meet again, okay? like how we started. We'll start again, Sandro. I'm sorry I have to leave" 

.

.

.

Author's note: Hellooo!! GRABE sobrang tagal ko nawala, I'm really sorry for that! sobrang busy sa school at shop. BTW THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 19K READS! GRABE YOU ARE ALL THE BEST <3 Vote for this chapter for more!! I will try to update as soon as possible for ya'll (ps: di ko na siya pinroof read huhu antok na me)

To anyone asking about my shop, unfortunately, I do not have shopee c/o as of the moment. JNT delivery only!