Chapter 5

Margaret

"Who called?" Kuya Jackson as soon as I entered the room "Just a friend, kuya" I sat down in my seat and started texting Sandro. "Sino nanaman yang kausap mo?" Ethan teased and went to look on my phone "God, you're such a chismoso" I hid my phone to prevent him from seeing. Sandro was already nervous about going out this time of the day. What more if people know we're texting. He went back to his seat and continued drinking his coffee. I took a sip and continued texting Sandro.

"Hey!" I sent the text and took a bite out of my food.

Sandro: Hey Margaret, how are you? I didn't get to ask you earlier, I was really nervous

Margaret: Yeah, I noticed HAHAHA. I'm okay and I hope you are too

Sandro: I'm good, thank you. So, where are you right now?

Margaret: I'm here at some cafe that kuya took us to. He said that the coffee's really great. It's called Kopfee.

Sandro: I'll check it out if I ever have the time. Have fun, Margaret :)

Margaret: You can call me Maggie

Sandro: ooooh I get a nickname! Yay! I'll call you Maggie from now on

Margaret: Yup! They call me Maggie or Mags for short. I like your nickname too, Sandro

Sandro: hehe thanks :)

Margaret: Are you kinikilig?

This man is so cute!

Sandro: Yes :)

Margaret: You're adorable

Sandro: You're beautiful Maggie

Margaret: Okay, I'm red as a tomato

Sandro: I would love to see that face all red but unfortunately I can't right now. I have to go, Maggie. I have a meeting to attend. I'll make it up to you as soon as I'm free :(

Margaret: Heyyy, I don't mind. Good luck with your meeting! Don't be sad, I'm still gonna be here when you get back

Sandro: That's great! I'll be going now. Take care of yourself, okay?

Maggie: I will. Have a good day, Sandro

Sandro: You too Maggie :)

-

"So where did you guys go to today?" Papa asked us as we all started eating. We're having our first dinner where everyone is home again. As I said, it's very rare for us to be home all complete. "We went to a cafe in Makati and did a little stroll at the mall," I told dad how the day went and they were all talking about having a family thing soon. I chomped down on my steak which my mom made and it was really delicious. Aside from being a businesswoman. My mom always had a passion for cooking. My dad and my mom are both linked in business that's why they got to know each other. "Maggie, I'm really impressed by your artwork when you were at the university," My dad said. I smiled at the compliment and thanked him. I studied fine arts in London. I got a scholarship when I presented them with my works and capabilities as an artist. "Thanks, Dad, I'll be buying a ton of materials this week for my paintings. I left my paint on tita Dolore so her daughter can use it" Tita Dolore was my aunt that lives in London, I come and visit her family whenever there was an occasion to attend. "Okay iha, do you have your card already that's linked into your bank here at Manila?" "Yes dad, I got it from last night" He nodded and went back to eating. We all chatted about what happened to us when we were abroad. It's lucky how Ethan and Gabrielle are in the same country. I had the same location as kuya Jackson but he already graduated when I went to London.

My phone buzzed and saw Sandro's name on the screen "Hi Maggie! I'm all done with work. I'm just getting ready to leave. Have you eaten yet?"

Aw, that's cute. What if I invite him to eat? It's only 8 pm and I guess my parents won't mind if I go out. I thought about it for a while and went ahead to text Sandro.

"Hi! Are you free tonight? Want to have some dinner?" I mean, I'm already eating dinner but ugh who cares. I still want some food. Not long and Sandro responded back.

"You haven't eaten dinner? It's already 8 pm" grumpy Sandro. "That's not the question Sands and I'm eating dinner right now, I was just thinking if you wanna hang out tonight"

"I'm free right now but please finish your dinner first. I can wait" I smiled and drank some water

"Okay, I'm almost done. Where should I meet you?"

"No, I'm picking you up" What? Oh no, I wonder what my dad will say if he sees Sandro. Maybe I'll just tell my dad it's Lindsey, my best friend. I sent Sandro my address and told him to drive safe. I finished my meal and asked my dad if I can go out to hang out with Lindsey for a while. "Maggie, it's already 8 pm" Uh oh "Hon, let her be. She's a strong and brave woman. She deserves it. Be safe Maggie, okay? Bring your safety tools just in case and don't hesitate to call the police or us" Thank God, for my mom. I hugged my mom and kissed her on the cheek. "I'll be fine dad, I promise" I kissed my dad on the cheek and went upstairs to change my outfit. I fixed myself for a bit and fixed my things. I went down and called the guard to let a guy named Sandro Perez in. I texted Sandro and told him to say that his name was Sandro Perez. Sandro surprisingly didn't argue and went along.

"I'm here Mags" He texted. I went outside the balcony to see a black car and Sandro coming out of the car! I ran outside my room and started calling Sandro "Sandro, stay in your car, I'm on my way down" I ended the call and went to mama and papa's room. "Hii, I'll be going out now, love you" They blew me a kiss and told me to take care. I went outside and knocked on the door. I waved at him through the window and he went outside his car. "Come in" he opened the door for me and I smiled at the kind gesture. Such a gentleman.

He got inside his car and buckled up his seat belt. "Okay, WHO IS SANDRO PEREZ?" I laughed at him and he stared at me shocked "I didn't want the guard to know you were Sandro Marcos, hon" I continued laughing and he just stares at me smiling. "You look beautiful Maggie and thank you" He gave me a smile and started the engine. "You look handsome as well, Sandro"