Chapter 36

Maggie

Today has been the longest day ever! I've been in a lot of meetings and it's not even noon. The company has been in a lot of changes and a long list of clients. I am proud of what my family is doing but it's so exhausting at the same time. I've been helping out my mom as well with her business and Sandro's been telling his relatives about my mom's jewelry shops which they quickly invited after hearing the jewelry and quality that my mom sells. 

I sat down on my chair and felt how tired I was just from this morning. I opened up my laptop and started to answer some emails until someone knocked on the door. 

"Maggie? Mr. Cruz would like to set up a meeting with you today if possible" My assistant asked. 

"What time?" I asked

"1 pm po" 

"That's the last one for today, please. Naka tapos na ako ng 4 meetings just this morning and make sure that is the last one for today" She nodded and closed the door. 

I took out my phone and decided to text Sandro since it was already noon. 

"Hi! I'm so tired! I hope you're doing great, today. Call me when you can"

Minutes later, someone knocked on the door again. 

"Maggie?" It was papa. Papa came in and sat down at the chair in front of my desk. 

"Yes, dad?"

"You can not limit your meetings for the day, Mija. We have a lot of big clients to asses and there is no time for slacking off" He said. How did he even know? sobrang napagod lang ako sa kakakinig at pag uusap kanina dahil sunod sunod. 

"Pa, I had a meeting over meeting and I'm so exhausted already! The clients demanded too much and I had to tell them over and over again about the boundaries and limits"

"Maggie, it is your job to fulfill the needs and responsibilities that you have been given. Hindi pwedeng mapagod agad! Take your lunch and meet our clients for the rest of the day. They are one of our biggest clients and I want you to present your best self. Okay, hija?" 

"Yes dad, sorry" I sighed. He stood up from his chair and took out some money from his wallet. 

"Order some food. Fill yourself up so you'll be fully energized. Love u, mija" He kissed my forehead and left the room. 

I laid my back sa chair at nag pahinga muna saglit. Papa has been pushing me to work harder than I already am this past few months. I've been mentally exhausted from the work hours I have to fill in order to finish the job. I talked about it with Sandro but I know, it's not compared to what he's doing right now. I heard my phone ring and guessed it was Sandro. 

"Hey babe" I said

"Babe? you're so gross, Maggie" Nanlaki naman yung mata ko at napansin ko SI KUYA JACKSON PALA TO! SHET. 

"KUYA! I'm sorry, I thought it was Sandro!" Muntik na ako malaglag sa upuan ko dahil sa panic pero narinig ko nalang tumawa si kuya. 

"Check the caller ID next time bago ka tumawag ng babe!"

"Sorry, kuya. Why did you call?" 

"I need a favor e, if you could replace me later for the meeting with the chairman of Lex's" again?

"Kuya! I have a lot of things to do! plus I can't handle more meetings!" I whined. Bat kasi ako pa?

"Please, baby sis! I really need to go to Andi's! It's urgent!" 

"Fuck naman, kuya. Okay, I'll do it. That's the presentation I helped you with, right?" 

"Yes, I called you first because you're the only one who truly knows it. Thank you, sis. I'll make it up to you next time!"