Chapter 48

Sandro

After being announced as congressman of Ilocos. I immediately thought of Maggie. She's one of the reasons I raised my head high. She inspired me throughout the process. Her smile, coffee, and her bright ideas to use in Ilocos. She was perfect. All I could ever ask for. After the call, she was a ghost again. All I ever wanted was her to be okay and after weeks of our last call. I finally stopped. Maybe she really was okay. She's been staying in London like she always wanted. London gave her peace and it was a big part of her life as she said. 

"So if you were to choose, here or London?" I asked her. 

"London! " she laughed

"C'mon honey! you don't want to stay here with your family?" 

"Sandro, when I was here. It didn't feel like home. My parents were always on business trips. My brothers were in college abroad. They would come on holidays or breaks. My mom and dad are at home but most of the time, they're in the office. Only Ethan was home most of the time but soon enough, he left for college too" She laid her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arms around her. I was shocked because I  assumed that they were always together as they are now. 

"So how come you're all here?" 

"My parents aren't going on trips anymore, kuya Jackson is. They all have jobs naman so they come here. My mom doesn't want them to move out as long as possible. We've been gone away from home too long"  

"I can relate. That must have been tough, babe"

"It is but it's alright now. I'm happy. Especially now" She looked at me and showed me her ridiculously cute smile. 

"Why? because you're cuddling with me?" 

"No... okay, that too but it's not just you. I'm cuddling with my home. You're my home, Sandro" I put my hand around her cheek and she lightly laid on it. 

"That's my line, hon. You're my home, baby"  

I went back to reality after noticing that my brothers kept calling me from afar. 

"Sandro! What the hell are you doing?" Simon yelled

"Sorry, just work stuff"

"huh, didn't know that work stuff makes you stare into space 10 TIMES TODAY!" 

"Vinny, don't yell at me" 

"oh c'mon kuya, we know it's Maggie again"

"What do you know, Vinny? you're in a happy relationship and my girl, left me because she couldn't handle this life, she was new to this and I fucked it up" I sat in our living room and hoped for the couch to swallow me already. 

"She loves you, you know that" Simon reminded me and sat down beside me

"Love me, she left meeeee and it's worse because my brothers are seeing me like this" 

Vinny laughed at me and lightly patted my back. 

"C'mon we're in Australia, let's have fun" 

"I can't" I said 

"What do you mean you can't?" We looked at my dad and saw him going down the stairs. 

"Sorry pops but I have to leave tomorrow. There's an emergency in Ilocos and I have to stop by in Manila" 

"Alright, have you told your mom?" 

"Yeah, she's the first one to know"

"Good. Please have fun with your brothers" Dad dismisses us and we all head out.