Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Start from the beginning

"You know I always wanted another baby. I wanted a little girl. Someone I could talk to and cuddle and shop and have tea with. Someone just like you Raelyn."

"Well you have me now and I am always here for you."

"I couldn't have chosen a better match for my son if I held interviews and auditions with the whole of the UK. You are an angel. A star, my dear. Your mother would be so immensely proud of you."

"I hope so." I smiled. I really did hope so. I tried to live my live with love and kindness instead of hatred and bitterness.

It would be easy to be bitter. To seek revenge on those who hurt my brother and my mom. To hunt them down and make them feel the way I felt. But then I would be no better than them. Happier maybe but no better.

"I know she would be. I have only known you a short time and I am immensely proud of you. You are remarkable."

"Well it helps to have inspiring women like you, Andromeda, Mrs Weasley and Azaleah in my life. I am lucky."

"No my dear, we are lucky." She smiled again as Theo came bursting through the front door.

"It would freeze the balls off a brass monkey out there!" He whined from the hallway.

Trixie popped into the room at that moment and with a click of her fingers, lit the fire. The crackling a popping of the wood was a soothing sound.

No one even spoke. Theo and Azaleah came into the room and curled up on the sofa as Andromeda came into the room and sat on the armchair by the fire. Narcissa settled herself on the sofa and pulled Draco and my legs so they were resting over her thighs.

It was relaxing.

"Rae, sing us a song." Theo spoke up.

"What? No! You do not want to hear me sing." I groaned. I was mortified. I didn't sing in public. I sung in the shower...less criticism - unless you count the birds outside.

"Oh yes please Rae! She has a beautiful voice," Azaleah said to the two sisters.

"I remember," Andromeda smiled.

"Well I haven't heard you...please Raelyn dear?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I groaned.

"Good! A Christmas one." Theo suggested.

So I sang:

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas,

Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.

And have yourself A merry little Christmas now."

There was a round of applause from everyone in the room as I felt my cheeks burst into flames. Then the arms around my waist grew tighter and Draco kissed the top of my head.

I looked up to him. "Did I wake you? I am sorry."

"For that? Never be sorry for that. You sing beautifully my love," he kissed the top of my head again.

"That is one of my favourite Christmas songs!" Azaleah smiled.

"We will have to watch the movie it is from later when the boys are away," I winked at her.