What I'm saying is can't I and Damon bury the hatchet.?

"Can we bury the hatchet?." I whispered to him.

"I'm sorry....Aria. I am so sorry." He said and there it is finally an apology.

"I know the whole sire thing isn't your fault. You've done some stupid things...but so have and I just need my big brother." I said.

He hugged me tight "We'll start fresh okay? But Aria....I'll never like him or them. We will never get along but if he makes you happy. Then I'll try not to kick his ass" He said quietly I smiled into his shoulder as my feet were dangling gosh I am short. Ugh.

"Elena knows she sired to you." I said and he stiffened.

"Let me guess." He muttered.

"Caroline" we said in sync.

"Blondey and I are going to have a word." He added I just shook my head.

"I have to ask." I said as he sat me on the wall so I could be his height.

"Will you let her go.?" I asked he looked to the ground then hesitantly nodded.

"Promise me." I said and he looked into my eyes. Sometimes I wish we could compel other vampires.

"I promise." He said.

"Good. You have to its the right thing for her...for you" I said and he put his arm around my shoulder as we fell in peaceful silence looking at the stars.

"Do you think mothers gone forever?." He asked now that took me off guard.

"No. She's probably still here waiting to just spring out she has a habit of doing that." I said fiddling with my hands.

"Do you....want her back?" He asked were whispering.

"Do you?" I asked with a shrug.

"No." He said quickly...liar.

"It's Stefan." he added.

"Stefan hates her, he feels betrayed she's just watched over us for all these years instead of coming home. He thinks maybe if she never left things would have been different. He doesn't want I or you near her" I said.

"I want to see her. I have questions. I mean the last time I saw her it wasn't exactly easy" he said.

"Then see her. Nik won't allow me to, but you should...just be careful is all" I said.

"I need you there with me Ar" he said.

"Why won't the d!ck let you see your own mother?" he whispered angrily.

"Hey don't call him that. He's just protecting me." I said protectively over my Nik.

"Since when do you take orders from him? What happened to when you just snuck around him?" He asked.

"I hate lying to him. He doesn't deserve it." I said and Damon groaned.

"Well I don't know how you survive it seems like your his prisoner half the time." He said.

"No I'm his girl." I protested and we shared a look he sighed looking to the ground.

I know he's trying but please stop saying things about Nik.

"Yeah yeah" he mumbled.

"He's a sweetheart though, he'd never hurt me" I said with a smirk.

"Yeah I know blah bleh" he said grossed out.