Chapter 95

Atty. Christine Villeza

"Wait, are we going somewhere else?"

Nang mapansin kong naiba ang daan namin ni Anthony papunta sa Rivamonte Hotel ay agad akong nagtaka't nagtanong. I put my phone down and looked at Anthony, who's now driving the car. "Do we have somewhere else to go?"

"We're going to the place where it all started." he replied and winked at me.

Puzzled, I just shrugged my shoulders and put the airpods back into my ear as I was playing Piano Tiles 2. Hindi ko naman na-gets yung sinabi niya.

Where it all started? Ang alin? Saan? Kailan?

Hinayaan ko na siyang dalhin ako kung saan niya gusto dahil nagtitiwala naman ako sa kaniya. Tsaka bukod sa siya ang CEO ng Rivamonte Hotel na kasama ko, siya rin ang may-ari ng kotse. Hinayaan ko na lang dahil busy din naman ako sa paglalaro.

It was last week when me and the girls had a beer party and get-together at my house. Noong nalaman ni Charisse na gising ako noon, dali-dali na akong tumayo at nagtatakbo sa second floor kahit na hindi ko pa kinakausap si Anthony. Nakakahiya kasi 'di ba? Naligo na lang ako tapos bumalik sa baba na parang walang nangyari. Hindi na rin naman namin pinag-usapan ulit ang mga napag-usapan nila.

Mukhang matagal-tagal pa ang paglalakbay namin papunta sa gusto niyang puntahan kaya ipinikit ko na muna ang mata ko. While a song of Taylor Swift was playing in my head, I tried to fall asleep and rest my eyes. Napuyat din pala ako kagabi dahil sa tambak na gawain para sa hotel. Though, all of that are worth it because I'm with Anthony in the process.

I THINK it was half an hour since I fell asleep. Naramdaman ko na lang na tumigil yung kotse kaya sinubukan kong imulat ang mga mata ko. Few seconds later, Anthony tapped my legs and woke me up. "We're here, Christine. Let's go?"

Pagtingin ko sa labas ay agad akong napanganga dahil sa aking nakita. It was the University of the Philippines Manila: College of Law. Nandito na kami sa pinaka-loob ng UP, sa harap ng building kung saan ako nag bar exam. Anthony got out of the car first then opened my car from the outside. Pagkalabas ko'y agad akong pinasadahan ng malakas na hampas ng hangin. I was wearing a pencil skirt and a long-sleeve so the strong wind doesn't affect me anyway.

"W-Why are we here?" I asked after I left all my personal stuffs and office paperworks on the car. We walked down the aisle that was surrounded by huge trees and short grasses. Malamig ang simoy ng hangin kasabay ng pagbalik ng mga alaala namin dito.

Anthony smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "This is where it all started." Pagtapos naming tahakin ang mahabang daan papunta sa park sa harap ng building, agad kong naalala lahat ng mga huling alaala ng mga pagkikita namin ni Anthony noon. "This was the place where we last met. Pagpasok mo sa examination room, hindi mo na ulit ako nakita."

As the memories of mine started flushing in, a tear fell from my eye while I was trying not to sob. Dito sa park ay may isang bench na direktang nakaharap sa building ng College of Law. We sat there as I start reminiscing. "Is this the place where you got kidnapped?"

Anthony nodded as he held my hand. Kahit na malakas ang hangin na tumatama sa amin ay diretso pa rin ang tingin ni Anthony sa harap ng building. His forehead was somewhat covered by his bangs, which had best suit him anyways. "This was where I waited for you to comeback. Sorry that you happen to wait for me instead."

"It wasn't your fault." I said and heaved a heavy sigh. "But you know, after all we've been through, Anthony. . . ang dami na nating natutunan. I learned to stand on my own when you were gone."

Anthony chuckled and looked at me. "So you're glad that I was once gone?" he asked and frowned. Tinanggal nito ang ilang hibla ng buhok na nakaharang sa aking mukha. That gesture had made me flushed for a second.

Kinurot ko lang ang pisngi nito't hinalikan. "Nope. I missed you and I'll pick you over my character development."

Tinawanan lang ako nito't sumandal muli sa sandalan. Tumingala siya sa kalangitan at huminga nang malalim. "But you're also right, Christine. Dahil sa nangyaring insidente sa akin, mas natuto ako sa Europe ng mga bagay tungkol sa pagnenegosyo. Though it was one of the hardships that I faced until now."

"Akala mo 'yon na ang pinakamahirap. . . hanggang sa bigla ka na lang nakulong sa kasalanang hindi mo naman ginawa." I said as I reminisce those not-so-good but challenging days. "Doon tayo muling nagkita't nagkapikunan. We've faced a lot."

Anthony chuckled. "As I became a businessman, you became one of the best criminal defense lawyers here in the Philippines. You've worked so hard, Christine."

"We've worked so hard to get to where we are now. Maraming nawala, pero maraming bumalik."

He smiled. "But at least, those people who became part of our lives had made us change for the better. That's all that matters, right?"

"Ahuh." I agreed. "And all our experiences with whoever came into our lives made us mature now. Parang dati, naglalandian lang tayo dito habang while displaying our affection."

Natawa si Anthony sa aking sinabi sabay akbay sa aking balikat. He moved me closer to him then kissed my head. I placed my head over his shoulders and heaved a sigh of relief and assurance. "Masaya akong magkasama ulit tayo, Anthony. Pagkatapos ng mahabang panahon." I added.

"And I wish to be with you for the rest of my life."

After he said that, he removed his arm over my shoulder so I looked at him, confused on what he's going to do. He stood up then kneel in front of me. Nalaglag ang aking panga nang humugot siya ng kahon ng singsing mula sa kaniyang bulsa sa iniharap sa akin. "W-What is this, A-Anthony?"

"We've been together for so long to the point that I can't think of my life without you, Christine. I will continue striving and working for my future because I know that you are there to support me. . . a person whom I can share my future with. I love being ill if I know that I have someone beside me to take care of me." Ngumiti ito sa akin at hinawakan ang aking mga kamay.

"I'll love to be with you through ups and downs. Whether we face a lot of struggles or share the same pressure that our career and the society was giving us. Please let me be part of your life, Christine." he added as he opened the box.

"A-Anthony. . ."

"Will you marry me, Christine?" he asked and kissed my hand.

I felt like I was in cloud nine after I heard what he had just said. This was the best euphoric moment that had happened to me and I'll never gonna destroy this moment of ours. I instintively closed my eyes, looked at the fine clouds, and smiled as if I won the lottery.

Without any second thought, I answered, "YES! I'm going to marry you, Anthony!" Halos mamula na ang buong mukha ko sa kilig at saya pero hinayaan ko na lang dahil THIS IS IT! My dream of being engaged to someone whom I can share the rest of my life with has been achieved now. This felt like surreal!

"WOAH!" Anthony jumped out of joy then hugged and carried me like his bride. Pagkababa ko ay agad ko siyang hinalikan at niyakap. He then put the diamond ring on my ring finger and said, "I love you for all my heart, Christine. I love you. I love you. I love you!"

I smiled and looked at his shining, brown eyes. It was mesmerizing to directly look at his pointed nose and kissable lips. His Adonis-like face can still be seen evidently even if his face was against the sunlight. Ang gwapo talaga nito. I must have saved the world from my past life that God had gave me this treasure from heaven.

I anchored my arms over his neck and put my face closer to his lips. He smirked as I grinned. It was just an inch between our lips touched but before I could even tempt to kiss him, I answered:

"I love you, Anthony."