Chapter 63 (Part 1)

Author's Note: This chapter will tell us the prosecution's narration in their opening statement about Sandoval's alleged case. Is this the truth or it's just a lie? Let's go back to the time when the crime happened! This story is from the side of Prosecutor Bright and Prosecutor Dark.

°°°
JANUARY 12, 2021
(TUESDAY)

Mr. Anthony Sandoval

"Agustus, my fiancé told me that she's sad. Will you send her a bouquet of classic red roses as soon as possible? I can't make it this 10:00 am, may meeting pa ako kasama itong board committee. I want to make her happy." 

Sumagot naman si Agustus, na katawagan ko ngayon, sa kabilang linya. "Yes, Sir, I'll do that. By the way, congratulations, Sir Anthony!"

Napangiti naman ako dahil sa pagbati nito. Agustus is very loyal and faithful to me and to the ones who I treasure. "Thank you, Agustus. Wait, where did you know that news?"

"Sir, it's all over the internet! The CEO of the Rivamonte Hotel has been added to the top five billionaires across Europe and Asia! Last year napasama ka sa listahan ng Top 100, ngayon taon nasa Top 5 ka na. Napakagaling niyo talagang businessman, Sir Anthony."

"Nako, h'wag mo na akong bolahin, Agustus. Salamat ulit and make sure that you'll do what I've said about the flowers, a' right? Bye."

Hindi ko na siya hinintay na sumagot pa dahil pumasok na ang sekretarya ko't tinatawag na ako. I placed my phone in my pocket and faced my secretary, Seo Hyun.

My female secretary, Kang Seo Hyun, looked at her tablet and fixed the bridge of her eyeglasses. She was like Agustus, she's also loyal and faithful to her job as my secretary. She's in her 20's, we can say that she's sexy, beautiful, and kind, and she's also like an older sister to me. Tinanggap ko siya bilang secretary ko dahil napakasipag niyang magtrabaho, bukod sa isa na siyang single mother sa edad niyang 'yan.

"Seo Hyun, where's Chairman Kennedy Villaluna? Have you seen him? Will he attend our celebration this 10:00 am?" I continuously asked and looked at my apple watch.

Chairman Kennedy Villaluna is the chairman, obviously, and the owner of the Rivamonte Hotel plus a few of its business partners. Simula noong i-arrange ang marriage namin ni Charisse, ang anak niya na fiancé ko, ay pinamahala na niya sakin ang pamamalakad ng Rivamonte Hotel sa Europe hanggang dito sa Pilipinas. I worked and studied hard to achieve my position right now. Though I started from being at the least position of the executive committee, I studied, even more, to make myself the CEO of this company. I didn't reach it just because his daughter is my fiancé.

She looked at me and smiled. "Chairman Kennedy Villaluna is on his leave now. I don't know his whereabouts, Anthony. Should I ask his personal secretary?"

I also asked her to just call me Anthony because we were like the same age and I don't want her to feel intimidated. Even though I gave her that privilege to call me by my first name, she still acts professionally and that is what I like about her being my assistant.

Tumango na lang ako sa kaniya bilang tugon na ayos lang, at lumabas na ng aking opisina. Sumunod naman ito sa akin na nasa likod ko na.

"Send him the financial analysis of Rivamonte Hotel this month and attach the marketing strategy that I revised." utos ko kay Seo Hyun at pumasok na sa elevator.

Since it is Tuesday now, the main elevator of the Rivamonte Hotel is in maintenance. Seo Hyun and I have to use the mini elevator of the executive's office that was hidden from the normal staff and employees. "But don't call him nor interrupt him through his number. Just send it by email." I added and smiled.