Chapter 88

Atty. Christine Villeza

"I thought we'll be on it." I heard Anthony softly complained and heaved a heavy sigh. He's still cuddling me even though I know that he's a little bit disappointed. Nakayakap din ito sa akin habang ramdam ko ang init ng kaniyang hininga sa kaniyang batok. This moment was kinda romantic even though there's no scented candles around, just the study lamp on the table beside us.

"Sorry." I said and hugged his arm on me even more. "I'm really not in the mood. Inaantok na rin ako."

He chuckled and held my hand. "You must be very tired. I love you. Try to sleep."

I really feel sorry because I couldn't make it up to him right now. When we were about to start earlier, I stopped from removing my lungeries and made him just lay down beside me. He was confused at first until I told him that I don't wanna continue anymore. We just cuddled and he agreed.

Though, I convinced him.

I couldn't help but smile from what he had said. Humarap ako rito't hinalikan siya saglit. We were now facing each other while looking at each other's eyes. His bright brown eyes was so attractive to the point that I couldn't remove my gaze off him. "I love you too. I'm really sorry."

He smiled and kissed me in the forehead. "It's fine. It's completely fine." Then he embraced me with his arms. I buried my face into his chest while I was hugging him back. This was the most comfortable place right now on this bed. I don't think I can get up from this.

I think this was the most memorable thing that I've experienced after that long ass journey of freeing Anthony from his criminal case. Excluding the journey itself, I never had some me-and-Anthony time like this before, without thinking of what might happen tomorrow. . . or just the thought of waiting for the court's decision.

Ngayon, malaya na kami sa lahat ng mabibigat na alalahanin. We were happy even if there's still some mini chains attached to us. Marami pang mga tanong na hindi nasagot ng nakaraan pero hindi namin hahayaan na makahadlang ito at makasira sa buhay at relasyon namin ngayon.

I was daydreaming until a realization hit my mind. "Thank you, Anthony. Thank you for all the things that you've done for me." I suddenly said.

Anthony caressed my head while he's still hugging me with his arms. "Thank you for what? I just let you rest while hiding my horny hormones." he said and chuckled. Marahan ko itong sinuntok pero mukhang 'di naman nasaktan.

Natawa na lang ako't mas lalo siyang niyakap. "Well, thank you for accompaning me these days. For helping me to get through from all the shits that have been hapening to me. You were always there from the start, Anthony. I just realized that you never left me."

"Thank you as well for trusting me again, Christine. Starting from the beginning of our lives, to my criminal case two years ago, until this day and the days after." he said and looked at me. Ngumiti ito sa akin habang magkaharap ang aming mga mukha.

"I'm sorry for all the shit things that I said and did to you."

"Sorry din." he replied and kissed my lips. 

Tumihaya na ako nang higa at pinanood ang mga glow-in-the-dark stars na pinagdidikit ko  kahapon sa kisame. Anthony did the same as he extended his arm for me to lie there. Nang maging komportable na ako sa posisyon ko'y huminga ako nang malalim. "You know what,  Anthony? I still somewhat feel bad that we have a relationship without telling Charisse."

I saw Anthony looked at me from my peripheral view. "You know that it's not the right time." Ngumiti ito sa akin tapos ay ibinalik na ang kaniyang tingin sa taas.