Chapter 75 (Part 4)

Author's Note: This is the continuation of the previous chapter! Happy reading! Votes and comments are highly appreciated. Last part na ito tapos babalik na tayo sa court room!

°°°
JANUARY 12, 2021
(TUESDAY)

Charisse Villaluna

"N-No! W-WHAT HAVE I DONE?" After Anthony lost his consciousness when I hit him with a gun on his nape, I suddenly felt afraid of what might happen next. "D-Did I kill you?"

"Maybe, yes?"

"NO! I JUST HIT HIM WITH A GUN!" I answered to the voice I heard inside my head. My hands were trembling since my brother told me his plan, and I even forgot to take my anti-depressive pills. Now, I'm suffering again, and I hope it'll not come into worst. Fuck these voices! "HE'S NOT DEAD. R-Right, A-Anthony?"

Kahit anong pag-alog ko sa kaniyang katawan ay hindi pa rin ito nagigising. Pagtingin ko sa orasan ay 10:45 pm na pero may tila nagsasabi sa akin na dapat lang akong umiyak dahil wala akong magagawa. I hit my head with my hand multiple times. "No, no! I protected him from John!"

Earlier, when John told him his plan, I promised to myself that I'm going to protect my fiancé no matter what. It's the least thing that I can do after all the things that I've done to him. From being okay with the arranged marriage that we will have. . .

. . . to the physical abuse that I realized I was doing to him whenever I felt depressed.

It's the very least thing that I can do. To save him. It's enough that he stayed with me even though I know that he's still in love with his f*cking ex. It's enough that he agreed to have us an endearment even though he can't still move on from his ex. It's enough that he agreed to cuddle me even though he thinks that I'm his ex who's with him. Ayos lang lahat as long as kasama ko siya. He's my comfort zone.

I started to feel better after he arrived to my life.

And now, I hope I did the right thing.

Kanina habang nagluluto ako ng kakainin namin ay nakaisip ako ng paraan para mapigilan ang kapatid ko sa kaniyang plano. That is to put them into a deep slumber using my sleeping pills. The pills only took a few minutes to hit them.

"But why did you use the sleeping pills into your fiancé too?" I heard the voice in my head said. Napatingin ako sa likod at sa kung saan saan kung may iba bang nagsasalita. . . pero wala.

"I know why I did this to Anthony." Nang sabihin ko 'yon ay muling nanginig ang mga kamay ko habang hawak-hawak ko pa rin ang baril na nasa bag ni John kanina. Lahat ng pagkakataon na sinusulsulan ako ni John ay nagbalik muli sa aking isipan.

From the moment that we went here in the Philippines from Europe to stay for a long time, John started to manipulate me. He said that Anthony might go back to his ex when we arrived here. Of course, I won't let him do that.

But I didn't do anything, actually. My mind does.

I started overthinking. Pakiramdam ko ay nabaliw na ako kakaisip kung nasaan si Anthony sa tuwing wala siya sa bahay. I even once hired a private investigator to monitor his movements. But it wasn't effective. Naging malala pa rin ang pag-o-overthink ko ng kung ano-ano hanggang sa ma-depress na ako. John continued manipulated me to the point that I can't even think properly while hitting Anthony after he got home late night. Naging malupit ako kay Anthony pero kailanman ay hindi niya ako nagawang pagbuhatan ng kamay.

Then I realized, I'm so lucky to have this man even for a short time.

Yes, short time.

Why? Because I know that the time will come when he has to go back to his ex, determined to continue the life he left here in the Philippines.