Chapter Forty Eight: The Innocence In Her

"I trace the patterns that bring her closer to my hell"

JISOO'S POV むジゼ

She was just dancing.

And, all it took was a luminous smile from her.

A sway of her hips, her tiny waist, that welcomed me. Her exposed collarbones that shined brightly at me and her neck, that smoothly was imperiled.

It was an innocent gesture.

An invitation from me to her, for her to come to my place.

The innocence in her tempted me more than anything else.

Somehow, the wine didn't make me feel drunk—because she was the only reason for me to be sober.

The music plays in my living room, and she dances and sings along—her voice so angelic, gentle, and delicate. It was like another wall, that my demons kept punching and kicking through. They were sucking me into chaos, telling me to jump at my target.

The voices in my head got louder, screaming; Take her.

Take her, like she is yours— you belong in those eyes.

I take a few steps toward her, my glass is long gone and on the counter. There is this coldness inside of me that was trying to reach her warmth. Chaeyoung stopped dancing and smiled at me, "I wouldn't consider this a party, but I enjoyed singing along to all these songs, Jisoo".

Her saying my name.

Sweet torture.

"Is that so?". I questioned with a brow.

She nodded and innocently stared at me. "You saw me, I was enjoying myself". I nodded, "I'm aware and I was enjoying the view".

"What?". Her eyes widened.

"Chaeyoung, darling, let me be straightforward". I didn't break the eye contact, but rather made her even more nervous when our faces were inches apart. "You quite intrigue me, in every way".

"What's that supposed to mean?".

Purity.

Celibacy.

She was things that didn't match me. I wasn't a pure soul. She was staring at an image of her demons. "It means..". A sigh escaped my lips as I placed my index finger under her chin. "That I want to touch you senselessly, in every way".

She parted her lips, in shock.

"So what do you say?". I raised a brow.

She was caught off-guard.

I want her.