Chapter Thirty Four: Crimson Lace

"That void she claimed, was nothing of the sort of madness her eyes brought"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

Today is the day.

My road to being known for what I'm passionate about. Mom always told me, 'Don't be an attention seeker for attention to seek you'. And as the person I am, attention isn't something I have to work hard for.

I need to stop being cocky.

And I need to stop speaking to myself.

"Lisa!". Seulgi and Chaeyoung jumped and hugged me—I almost fell back by the weight that has settled upon me.

"It's your day".

I giggled, "I guess so".

"Wanna know something? Our boss since this morning has been too strict, unlike his usual self". Seulgi commented.

"He's probably stressed". Chaeyoung joined in.

"it's a big event—plus one of the best writers in this company has a new book". Seulgi wiggled her eyebrows at me. I smiled, "Best you say?".

Seulgi laughed, "Of course! Buddy, you will rock this and give your speech, make every girl in this building fall for you too".

"I'm not here for the girls though". As soon as those words fell out of my mouth, Seulgi looked at me weirdly as I muttered, "What?".

"Manobangs would bang anything that has pussy, where did this come from?". I widened my eyes at her words. "Are you okay, Lisa? Do you need to go to the doctor?".

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, "This is much more than getting girls, this is my dream. Plus I get girls all the time".

"Jesus Christ". Chaeyoung massaged her head, giving us the disappointed look, as if we committed such sins, I almost forgot she was standing there, with us. "Holy Chaeyoung got some a few days ago--". Seulgi jumped at what I said and turned to the flustered woman.

"Where is the holy spirit? Who and how old was he?".

"It's actually a she". I smirked at Chaeyoung, who glared my way.

"This is nonsense! We didn't fuck--God, save my soul. It was just a kiss, I was drunk".

I started laughing at Chaeyoung's outburst. Seulgi just stood there shocked, like someone has told her that unicorns aren't real. The look of a child lost in a candy shop. "Then explain what you just said, there isn't any hetero explanation to all of this".