Chapter Forty Six: Hearts Open, The Devil Is Watching

"We will burn those bridges that Satan once crossed"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

"I can't lose you".

All it took was a sentence, a simple statement, and my heart was already addressing those emotions and claiming them as something that only exist for her. Her face was soft and as those brown eyes bore into mine, I melt and gulp hard.

"What?". I blink at her.

She brought her body closer and wrapped her arms around my neck and stroked my cheek, "Lisa, I can't lose you, you heard me".

Her voice came in whispers, "And I can't avoid those feelings I have for you".

She kissed the corner of my lips, "I can't stand anyone coming in between us too".

For some reason, shivers were running down my spine. The heaven scent she owns was nothing compared to the devilish tone in her voice. My body and soul were reacting to her words by pulling her on my lap.

"Jennie..". For the first time, I said her name.

"Yes". She nodded and smiled, "You said it right, baby".

Baby? God save me.

"I'm Jennie". There was a sad look in her eyes, "Not the Ruby that was seeking for revenge or wanting to ruin people to feed her ego. Or to get praised by her own.. father".

Emotions started clouding her, as she slowly started to cry, "That same father who killed the parent of the woman I have feelings for".

As she spoke, I listened, "Lisa, I had no idea until it was too late. You were drunk that night, and I didn't dare to tell you".

She sniffed, as I pulled her head down to the crock of my neck, humming softly at her words—while my hand ran down her silky hair.

"My father is sadistic to a fault. He roams around Seoul, in search of weakness. Anything or anyone that causes him trouble, is a gunshot away from death to him". Jennie was shaking but I held her close, easing her with my gentle touch, she continued, "He blows the cover of those who try to win over him, yet proceeds to manipulate the truth by a fake reality".

"And that's when I come in". She pulled away and sat next to me—a numb look crossing her features. "Ruby was born under his evil ways of destruction".