Chapter Twenty Three: Where Do I Draw The line?

"She wouldn't let her guards down; even if you bleed"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

I licked my lips and leaned in closer, our faces inches apart, as I whispered; "But aren't sinners everywhere?".

"They are, but it takes time to find the one your body would sin for". She teased.

"Found that one yet?". I found myself brushing my lips against hers, teasing her in return, but Ruby smiled, almost sweetly; "Guess you have to find out, Lisa".

She pulled back, I sighed in frustration. She's such a tease.

"What are your plans for the weekend?". I asked her.

Ruby smirked, "Definitely not fucking you".

She expected me to be caught off guard by her cold words, but something inside of me was ringing in fondness—my body was longing to be on the top of hers again.

"I would've believed you if you didn't end up on my bed this morning, Ruby". I husked.

"You left me no choice but to come back..". Seductive was her voice and those eyes that made me want to be on my knees, just to eat her out. "And I get what I want".

"You're confident about that, aren't you?". I raised a brow as she nodded and gave me a daring look; "If I told you to fuck me under this table, trust me. You definitely would fuck me".

I smiled, "You are making it seem like objecting to your words.. is a crime, Ruby". 

"Oh, I'm not the type to be rejected, Lisa". Her hand reached for mine on the table, our fingers slowly intertwining with one another. Her eyes never left mine. My eyes widened when she leaned in to kiss the corner of my mouth before licking, "I'm the exception". She pulled away.

"W-what are you doing?". I gulped hard.

"There was a bit of sauce". She pulled away with a wink.

My body was heating up and my mind was clouded with thoughts—dark and sexual ones. If I give in, I will fuck this woman right here and not hold back. And this is such a sacred place to me, Hamari after all of the owner and she was like a mother to me. But having a Ruby here is like inviting Satan to heaven. A bit of a delicate taste to this damn environment.

"Have you seen the news?". I changed the topic.

"What news?".

"Kai. He was a dear friend of mine, he got assassinated a week ago in his apartment. It was all over the news". I spoke in a calm tone despite the melancholy that I felt for the friend that I had.

Almost in an instant, her facial expression changed. Like what I mentioned wasn't something she wanted to hear. "I'm sure his killer had a reason to do so". She said it so casually.

My throat tightened, "What do you mean?".

She crossed her arms, "To live in a world where everything becomes corrupted when you keep your eyes closed—isn't an insane way to predict someone's fate, Lisa".

"He didn't deserve to die". I whispered.

She looked at me like I was a madwoman. Like, what I said didn't make sense or register in her head, but what is so hard to understand?

"Our world doesn't make sense as it is, we gotta accept the bad with the goods". She muttered.

Ruby didn't even blink—but there was a dark tone to her words, to that voice. The sweetness was gone and I don't know why, but it kind of made me curious, I should be a bit terrified.

But I'm not.

"So you're saying.. he deserved to die?". My voice was weak, but she heard me.

"Think about it, if there was no such a reason. Why would someone risk going to jail just to kill him?".

"I..I don't know". I swallowed hard and said, "But whoever did, is going to pay for it". That's when I saw raw emotions in her eyes, something was behind there and I couldn't tell what, but she was quick enough to mask it with a twitch of her lips as they turned into a smile.

"Time will tell".

I nodded and asked, "Where do you work, Ruby?".

"Why are you so curious?". She looked amused.

I raised my hands, "I took you out for a meal and you've been sitting with me for an hour or so—I also talked about my job to you. I'm sure the trust should be mutual here as a beginning".

"You consider this as a start?". She laughed as I nodded.

"Well, where do I draw the line here..". She trailed off, "Let's just say that I enjoyed the food and the sex".

My heart dropped for some reason but I smiled and looked down at our table.

"Disappointed, aren't you?". Ruby's silky voice lured me to look up at her.

"What?".

"You expected me to say something more". She tilted her head.

"No, it's just..". I stopped when she leaned in and kissed the corner of my lips, "Learn to use your words better next time, baby".

I parted my lips, I wanted her to kiss me but she didn't. Ruby placed a ring on my hand, in realization, I noticed that it isn't just any ring. The ring I gave to her on our first night.

My favorite ring.

"Ruby? Where are you going?".

"Until next time". She winked and swayed her hips walking away.

What?