Chapter Twenty Six: Dark Meets Pure

"The motive is to accept the spark, despite the resistance in the voids inside of us"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

It's been weeks.

Weeks since the last talk I had with the officers and weeks since I saw her. As I look over at the window of the office, at the edge of the cloud there was a brilliant white patch, like a turning page catching the sun. The rest was dove grey with a subtle hint of purple, just enough to announce the coming sunset.

It was getting late but here I am, still in the office.

The shadow of Chaeyoung approached me, "Hey".

I weakly smiled at her and muttered a "Hey", back. My whole body was tense, my hands were shaky and I looked like a mess by now.

"Lisa, it's getting late. You've been working for hours and hours, you need to rest". She gently squeezed my shoulder as I pulled her hand on mine and rubbed the back of it.

"I will be okay, it's just.. I'm overwhelmed". I tried my best to keep the smile, but I was slowly losing grip on it. Losing grip of my reality.

"With Kai's investigation, work, and your book that will be published soon, I get it, Lisa". She rubbed her thumb on the back of my hand in comfort.

"Sometimes, I don't get any of this, Chaeyoung". I muttered, "It feels like I'm living in a nightmare, nothing makes sense anymore to me".

She nodded, when I looked into her eyes, she laughed awkwardly and looked away. What?

"You're strong enough—god is with you and all of us". She reassured.

"Y'know sometimes I question how holy can someone be, but I stopped doing that when I met you". I giggled at her.

"Funny". She sarcastically rolled her eyes, but I just laughed.

"Hey, Chaeyoung?".

"Hmm?".

"Wanna go to the bar with me?". I rubbed the back of my head and asked.

"What?".

"Just to get a few drinks—Also my best friend Jisoo is still in town, so maybe you could meet her".

"I don't drink". She sassed.

"You're boring". I teased.

She snickered and muttered; "Fine, whatever".

Stubborn church girl is changing I guess?

-

JISOO'S POV むジゼ

Her?

Nah.

I see another one in a red cocktail dress, eyeing me with a seductive look.

I scoffed.

Another one, Nah.

I was growing tired of these females; the same females. Not a speck of uniqueness nor a drop of gasoline that can light a fire within me.

My head snapped to the side when I hear the scraping of the wooden stool. My eyes landed on a pretty blonde.

Her features were soft and angelic; kind eyes, plump cheeks with a tint of rosiness on them, and very kissable lips. In this room full of sinners, she was like an angel who went down on this mortal world to grace us with her beauty.

But behind every angel's mask is a raging tide; just waiting to be unleashed.

It's like she wasn't sure if she wanted to be here or not.

Every male and l female's eyes are on her, scanning and undressing her from top to bottom and for some reason, I did not like that.

Not at all.

The gears in my head began to turn, my blood surged through my veins in a rush.

She turned her head to the side and our eyes locked; paralyzing my own. It sealed the deal for me, I hope she's ready for it.

Mine.

The demons inside my whole being emerged from its dwelling, they have never been awakened this fast by anyone but this female— a mortal angel did it, with just one look.
Her lips curved up into a small kind smile, and my eyes locked on it.

"Hi". She said it so shyly; so demure.

I caught a glimpse of her silver necklace, a cross dangling on it before I returned the smile. My smile has intent on it, but I know these types of girls. From her vibe, she somewhat fiddled mannerisms like she's not used in a place like this, nor can she distinguish my intents; those innocent and religious ones.

Or can she?

"Hello there." My smile turned into a smirk when her eyes slightly widen.

Bingo.

"You're not used to this aren't you?". I cock an eyebrow as I bring the glass of tequila into my mouth, feeling the burn of the alcohol in my throat.

Her cheeks dusted pink, "Am I that obvious?".

I shrug, putting back the empty shot glass onto the surface, "Well, at least to me you are." I turn my body towards her, my smirk never disappearing.

"Let's just say you stand out. I'm Jisoo."

I held my hand for her to take."Oh, uh I'm Rosé."

Zap.

Our hands grasped each other, and I intentionally tighten it as it felt like I'm being electrified.

Fuck. This girl is the real deal.

My demons are screeching in glee and I am too. After a long boring journey of the same women, I finally have someone that can light me and my demons up, and based on her reaction and the way her hand jerked, she felt it as well.

Meet Satan, my dear Angel.

She was about to let go of my hand but I didn't let her, instead, I pulled her towards me. Now, our faces are inches apart and my smirk widened when I heard her breath hitch and her cheeks grew a darker shade of red.

"Hang out with me."

I demanded, not asked.

I never ask anyone shit.

I think she got the memo of what I want.

"U-Uhm...like a friendly hang out or?". She stutters out, moistening her lower lip with her tongue and my eyes follow the action and it made my body even fucking hotter.

"No, not a friendly hangout, a little bit more than that". I smirked, without any ounce of unsureness just full-on confidence.

She struggles to give me eye contact so I tipped her chin with my fingers and force her to chain her eye with mine; it did. She's bound to me, though she doesn't know it yet she is.

"B-but Uhm... I'm sorry I don't swing that way Jisoo. I-I'm straight and I—"
I stopped her blabbering when I pressed my lips on the corner of hers.

Just a taste of what she'll get.

Maybe the tequila is doing it for me.

I know that there is an evil glint in my dark eyes, and my smirk is almost permanent on my face. I pulled back slightly, never getting my eyes off her.
"Not for long anyway, my dear angel."

"I want you to be mine tonight".