Chapter Thirty Eight: Pull Me Closer Than Those Screams

"Your skin will melt into mine like we were born under a hopeful ink"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

I used to sit under the sun and stargaze over the passing clouds. Write a little promise and make the plants shy away from me. Nowadays, I can't even stare at the moon and wonder why it's so far—it's like everything was out of my reach.

"Lisa, you've been staring at this screen for so long". Chaeyoung sat down next to me with a sigh.

"I can't help it". I muttered, "I don't understand why I'm feeling this way".

Chaeyoung shrugged her head with a soft smile, "Why does it feel like you've been neglected?".

In pure frustration, I ruffled my hair. "I thought that maybe we can enjoy the lust while it lasts—and I wouldn't have to see her again. But, she started popping up everywhere I go. And I held this desire for her..".

"Until the desire turned into something out of your power, right?". Chaeyoung placed her hand on my shoulder and squeezed it.

As I look in her eyes, I don't see her judging or anything, but rather understanding.

She shook her head and gently spoke, "Lisa, you can never really have a one-sided perspective upon something until the outcome becomes something out of your control".

Her eyes darkened, "We pretend to be things we aren't for the sake of our image".

There was an empty look in her eyes, for the first time I saw it. But I didn't let myself dwell upon that, "So what am I supposed to do, Chaeyoung? Shall I surrender to my desires and have her?".

"What are you in search of, Lisa?".

I gulped hard, "I don't know..".

A lot of emotions embraced me, many that I couldn't tell. The mystery was wanting to know someone who wasn't easy to see through. A woman who contained a cold demeanor to feel like she ruled the world. But in mine, she was the woman with feline eyes who held me closer than the stars I couldn't count. A traceless picture that my heart formed was whenever I looked into her eyes.

"Chaeyoung, I feel lost".

She squeezed my shoulder. "Let your heart guide you".

-

When I came back home, I found a note.

It had the location of an apartment, that wasn't that far off from mine. The note also said; 'Come to my apartment, I need to see you, Lisa. -Ruby'. My heart started to beat faster, just when I thought I wouldn't see her again. I was torn, because her identity was something out of my reach, those feelings growing inside of me like a puddle.