Chapter Thirty Six: Truth Be Told

"Take away the beloved ones; before their eyes are no longer deceived, before they know I'm mistaken for their blood"

Trigger warning; mention of suicide.

LISA' S POV び央ハ

In life, you can't tend to assume the outcome of your actions

In life, you can't tend to assume the outcome of your actions. Suppress the need to acknowledge your feelings and to forego the hours that deprecate the way you think of her.

My footsteps became rational as I looked for a way out. When the importance of this day dissolves.. because realization hits me—not gently, but rather realistically. She isn't mine. Why did it create fire in my heart? Was it the fact that she wasn't here for me, or that she was with him?

Gulping hard, I was engulfed with the crowd again as soon as I stepped in. Whistles and cheers took a hold of my surroundings. But I smiled at them, a weak smile to not make them suspicious.

"You did it!". Seulgi and Chaeyoung engulfed me in hugs.

"Yeah". I pressed my lips together, refusing to look into their eyes.

"Lisa? What's wrong?". Chaeyoung's voice ringed worry and concern. But I shrugged it off. "Nothing".

Even when I smiled, she didn't believe it.

My phone started going off, the name flashed, 'Taehyung'.

What could he want?

As soon as I picked up, he voiced, "You don't have to lure her shadows in today, Lisa".

"What's that supposed to mean?".

I heard a sigh on the other line, then his cold tone softened, "Kyungsoo took away his own life this morning".

I gulped hard, my grip on my phone so tight. My heart clenched, and my chest tightened. "Kyungsoo..?".