Chapter Forty Four: When Love Overcomes Revenge

"Pain doesn't cease, and I'm no longer holding acceptance in my heart"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

The ride to her was torturing.

Somewhere in the danger of the situation, I felt the thrill of wanting to see her, to save her. And when did lust ever turn into love? To fall for a mysterious world that comes in terms with your demons can be pretty haunting.

Ruby is an ideal fantasy, someone that once you have—you can never want to turn away from. I fell for her.

Someone seductive like me will never learn from her mistakes. And lust was the built-up linger of spark, it can exceed your beliefs of anything, and pull you into a hole of feelings and confusion. 

The woman who was my dark fantasy has become the empress of my heart. Yet, I was stuck in my own pool of doubt and worry.

What if I fell for a lie? Let alone a murderer. My hands are shaky and my whole body feels warm, despite the cold outside the car. Winter makes everything nostalgic and consumes my thoughts into icy blendings.

My friends were being assassinated; one by one.

"Lisa, you okay back there?". Jungkook asked and looked at me through the rear mirror.

I nodded aggressively.

That's all I was able to do.

I couldn't form words, I couldn't face my fears and I couldn't escape the train that was speeding up and hitting the bottom pit of my heart.

The thought of him hurting her makes rage aim itself through my walls. But what if it was all a lie?

To my surprise, Jungkook parked the car outside a building. It wasn't abandoned, but it looked old. There was this unpleasant feeling inside of my chest when I saw the cops surrounding the building.

I got out of the car and rubbed my hands together.

We approached an officer, who looked stressed and like he was on the verge of expressing himself. Patience was being drained out of every Cop in this place.

"Any news, Officer?". Jungkook asked.

The man in frustration sighed and spoke, "Detective Taehyung is holding her hostage and is refusing to give her to us. All units are ready to barge through".

"Good that you waited for us". Jungkook looked over at me, "Are you ready?".

I took a long pause.

The scene around me flew in slow motion.

Cops, their cars, my concerned best friends and the chilly weather hitting on my neck as I shivered—thinking about the outcome out of all of this is making me feel weak in the knees.