Chapter Thirty Seven: Misunderstand The Thunder Inside My Heart

"The Coquette lays lower than the ocean and the storm that you promise to sail through"

Ruby's POV 英若ぇ

Life can be a rollercoaster, a held-back scream of your existence, clashing with reality. It can also be a captured way of sinning and ceasing the innocence in you into something that was beyond the aspect of living.

Here I stand and face my demons, who told me to enjoy the taste of life—to revenge for my beloved ones, but I couldn't. 

I can sin, but never forgive myself for the madness.

A few knocks in, and there he stands. Mark, smiling at me, his eyes beaming with lust as he took in the sight of my body.

"I knew you would come around, Ruby".

When he closed the door behind me, I could feel him stand so close to me, "Who would refuse such money?".

Scrunching my nose with disgust. I held a fake smile and turned to him, "You really play your cards by the money you have, Mark?".

He nodded and raised his arms, with his shoulders relaxed. Like he was giving a speech in front of many when it was just me. Another woman that he wanted to entertain.

"Money is the language of the world; it's the desired fate and the leading diplomacy at its finest degrees". He licked his lips and looked down, his height towering over mine. "It's the zeros you can name, with me Ruby".

When he was about to place his hand on my shoulder—I grabbed his wrist, as it stayed there in the air, probably shock filtering his strong posture.

"You can't buy me by the zeros or the fantasies that you build for those women you've had, Mark".

A smirk remained present on his face, "Surely not my money—but my power does have its effect".

My face hardened at his words as I push his wrist away from me.

"The power beholds the loved one, doesn't it?".

"You're nonsense". I crossed my arms as he laughed.

"If my money can't buy you, then the power I have over ruining Lisa's life will make you mine!". The dark glint in his eyes didn't scare me—but I didn't want to show him that I'm indeed weak when it comes to her. 

Ruby doesn't fall for that.

"Such evil hides behind the prettiest faces". I started, "Hidden smiles, and ugly lies, Mark". My words played their part, I knew they were affecting him. Because the next thing I know, is his fist by his side, clenched.

"From what I assume, you are mine tonight, Ruby. That was our deal".

"And I have one condition, Marky".