Chapter Thirty: Tell Me Your Story, Darling

"I will follow your footsteps and trust your venomous hands"

Ruby's POV 英若ぇ

There is a reason why we deceive—a reason why we keep our secrets locked away. But, I didn't trust much of what I was holding. Lisa fell asleep on my lap as we took a cab—and I couldn't just leave her in that bar.

And I refused to let her best friends take her.

I can take care of her for the night.

I gulped hard when I looked down, my breath hitched and my lungs were searching for air at the sight of the sleeping woman on my lap.

She's so beautiful.

Even with the dark light that came from the outside of the streets, her skin was glowing and it seemed so soft. I couldn't help it. I placed my hand on her cheek, caressing the worries away from her.. If only I could.

She will never understand my reasons and I can never explain anything to her.

"Ma'am, we're here".

I thanked the Cab, gave him his money, and placed her arm around me, almost losing my balance halfway through. Fortunately, I was able to push her along, she started waking up but her drunk blurts just made me hold back a laugh; "Fly me to the mooonnn, let me play among the stars!".

I unlocked her apartment and muttered, "Hold still".

"D-do you think there are goats made out of rainbows, Ruby?".

I shrugged my head and led her to her bedroom. What caught me off guard, was when she collapsed on top of me instead of me being able to help her lay down. Gosh, I'm such an idiot!

"Lisa?". I touched her arm gently.

She didn't move.

"Lis?".

Once she did, Lisa's hands found my face as she stared at me. She was drunk and there was sleep in her sad eyes, "Y-You asked me if I look at myself in the mirror enough to know if I-I'm pretty". She spoke while hiccuping. "But I have looked at myself enough in your eyes, to realize that I am, Ruby".

There goes the beat and the ring of paradise in my heart.

Simple words. A sweet voice, all enough to make my head spin. She held me so tenderly and then smiled, pecking my lips and wrapping her arms around me. "I will never let go of you, R-Ruby".

"You make me feel pretty".

Lisa's head was placed on my chest.

If she wasn't drunk, she would've heard my loud heart.

My walls crashing down.. this night.

I felt something I shouldn't have felt for her or anyone.