Chapter Twenty Nine: Claimed In Chaos

"They said, heaven is closer than those tears on my face, so why am I crying?"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

"Didn't know you're still a loner".

The last voice I wanted to hear, entered my ears. I didn't feel the liquor anymore—my heart thumped and I felt it in my throat.

Yeji.

The woman that I fell in love with, during spring a few years back, is now standing in front of me—with a pretty smile on her face, she had her eyes hooked on mine with a droopy gaze. I opened my mouth to speak, but a big shadow now stood beside her—A tall man who looked about her age, his cold eyes met mine.

 I opened my mouth to speak, but a big shadow now stood beside her—A tall man who looked about her age, his cold eyes met mine

"Meet my boyfriend, Yeonjun".

He tilted his head and even looked bored like he didn't want to be here. His silence confused me, but nonetheless, he took his hand out. Do I not shake his hand and seem like an idiot? No.

I took his hand and shook it.

Everything about him is cold.

"Baby, meet my ex". He let go as soon as he heard her words.

But the man didn't look bothered

I gave her a fake smile, "You tend to say it so casually". I remarked.

"Well isn't it the truth?".

"Sometimes I forget that all you care about is yourself". I mocked her question and took a sip. Her boyfriend didn't utter any word, but walked up to the bartender, a bit away from us while he kept his eyes glued anywhere but at me. For a second, I looked at the man who took my place—who was now there to hold her, take care of her and love her like I couldn't.

Yeji moved closer, inspecting my face and raising her index finger at me. "I'm not a selfish prick who chose to have ten hoes over night, grow up Lis".

"For someone who chose to break up, I don't think you have any right to speak". I smirked at her.

I expected her to back away but she inched her head closer.

Her boyfriend wasn't looking at us.

She took the chance to whisper so closely, making me uncomfortable in return by how close her body was to mine. "Are you still bothered by the fact that I'm with someone else?".

Jaw clenched I look at her and whisper back, "You are an evil, cruel foul who ruins everything she touches, do you know that?".

Her eyes moved down to stare at my lips, but the smell of vanilla and strawberries hit me hard as I was pulled into a trance. Ruby made herself present, "I was just looking for you".

"And who is this chick now?". Yeji asked, staring her up and down.

"Not someone that concerns you". Ruby hissed back at her.

"See? You never change, Lisa". Yeji ignored the woman beside me, who had her nails pressed on my skin—at this point if I move, I will start bleeding.

"Why did you come here?". I asked Yeji.

"I just wanted to see your face one last time before my engagement".

My heart dropped.

"You came here acting like I care!". I dropped my cup on the table. The flames in me, made her blink, the nostalgia of holding those same eyes when she broke my heart, hit her. She was the one who walked away. I reminded myself.

"Calm down, Lis". Ruby whispered in my ear.

My eyes shifted to the man behind her, "Maybe you should go keep him company before he realizes how much of a mistake he's making by marrying you". With that, I walked away, ignoring everyone around me.

My head was racing.

My heart was heavy.

I felt like running, like not being here.

No matter how fast I walked and tried to get to the bathroom, footsteps followed me. Growing paranoid, I stumbled to the bathroom as my breathing started to quicken. It's like I saw red, the rage is in there. The pain is in there, liquor won't do anything.

Liquor will only make me clumsy.

A wall..

My eyes focused on the wall in front of me.

Do it.

You're so good at hurting yourself, aren't you?

Fist clenched, I take a bold step towards it—my anger slowly dissolves into nothing as Ruby stands in front of me. Her hand caught my fist, her cat eyes bore into mine. Boringly. Carefully. I gulped hard and whispered, "Let go".

"I won't". She softly spoke. "Not when you're like this".

"Step away, Ruby". I warned her, but she only tilted her head and smiled, her hand found my jaw as she caressed it, pulling me into the depth of those eyes. The difference between the brown in her eyes and Yeji's, was that it was deeper—calmer but warm.

"And what if I don't?".

"Y-You..". I stuttered, the tightness of my chest made tears threaten to fall, "You told me to stay away from you. W-why are you here, Ruby?".

"Because I don't like to see you hurting". Her voice softened.

I parted my lips to speak, but instead I started to crumble right in front of her. Instead of laughing at my misery, she pulled me in her arms and pulled me down with her to the ground. Her arms around me, blocking me from hurting myself.

Why are you stopping me, Ruby?