Chapter Twenty Eight: Lips Sealed, The Deal

"The past is haunting; you can never hide from it"

Ruby's POV 英若ぇ

They say everyone is a dark moon. With one side that is never shown to the world, but what happens when you know your own demons? What happens when the devil under your bed is you--in the form of evil? What happens when the world can never fill the void inside your heart.

I found myself running away from the woman who desired me--the taste of the sin with her can make anyone come back to her, but this was a shameful wish that she can never have.

Cause I would rather watch her soul intertwine, as I venomously find ways to keep her attached. Is she attached?

"Where is she?".

You can run away from the chaser but never run far enough from your Karmic.

I stopped in my tracks. Lisa didn't come after me, instead, it was the man who flexed his bullshit of money at me since day one. Mark Tuan, the millionaire that had lust dripping from his gaze. His jaw clenched sexily at me, but I've been there, seen these types of guys, who want nothing other than the bliss of being inside a woman--the ecstasy and the climax.

My climax relies on no one.

Cause who can fill that void?

"Mark".

"If it ain't Ruby herself". He had a stupid smirk on his face. Mark had a good posture, head held up high, his eyes shifting between my eyes and my lips. He subconsciously licked his lips at the sight of me. "You're damn sexy".

"I told you to stay away from me". I hissed.

"And you have the time to come to a normal bar? I thought the riches usually hangout out in swimming pools that are filled with money". I sarcastically commented.

My depression is a sea.

Days where the moon pulls and pulls and throws everything into chaos.

I shrugged my thoughts. Bitterly I look up at him as he clenches his jaw, his hand moves out of his pocket to trail slowly on my skin to my throat. "Shh..". His thumb traced my neck as he gently grabbed me by my throat, "Ruby, you like playing games and making me come back for more but at this point, name your price".

Price.. foolish humans will put a price on everything. But in a twist, I had his arm behind his back and pushed him against the wall.

"How many rejections would it take to make you know that I don't want your money? Neither am I interested in your fucking dick!". His bodyguards tried to touch me but I shrieked at them. "If any of you dare get close to me, I will make sure you never have babies again!".

Mark just smiled and muttered, "Hey, hey. Calm down. I'm just trying to give you an offer".

"Oh my, such a tantalizing offer. What an amazing, sudden and overwhelming proposition to accept to get fucked by a dick that is barely there. Do you expect me to tell you to allow me time to think it over?".

The man's ego was bruised but chuckled and spoke.

"Guess I underestimated the chase like that—you're the hard to get type huh?". The sarcasm in his voice made me twist his hand harder behind his back, but I leaned in closer to whisper in his ear; "I envy those who know how to love, and more than anything I pity those who think about being in bed with you".

"Don't look for me, Mark". I warned and pulled myself away as he fixed his tie and turned to me. He gulped hard but held a smile to the bartender to not seem suspicious, but held out his card to me.

"You won't regret it. Give me a call when you're ready". Mark added one last thing, "One day I will know how to get back at you".

With that, he left.

A card.

His phone number.

He wanted me for one night.

A man who was ready to offer his money to me. But, I know by my rancor I could have anyone, on their knees, begging me for more.

And more.

They all do.

Including her.

LISA' S POV び央ハ

There are often moments to cherish, so many fights in so little time. Hurtful words were being thrown into the wind without a second thought, vicious tongues lashing out at anything in sight.

The pull and push of the magnet had me on the edge.

"Oh no, you're not looking good". Chaeyoung teased as soon as I came back. I sighed, "That's not what a girl likes to hear".

"We suppress the issue". She rolled her eyes.

"What got you sulking like that?". Jisoo asked, her curious eyes trailing over me.

"Nothing". I shrugged my head.

"Come on, with the look on your face, it looks like you've been kicked in the vagina—". I heard a smack that stopped Jisoo from speaking, "What the hell!".

I turned to them and saw Chaeyoung glaring at her. "Language".

"I don't think we are in church, church girl". Jisoo glared back.

"Your speech shouldn't be limited by the environment, rather out of respect for—". Jisoo raised her hand and took a sip of her drink, "You speak too much, anti-Avocado lady".

"What? Excuse me?". Chaeyoung's eyes widened.

"Come dance with me". Jisoo took her hand as the other girl didn't have any time to protest, but she didn't fight it either, just got carried along with tipsy Jisoo.

I watched them leave together as I sat here, sighing in return.

"Didn't know you're still a loner".

The last voice I wanted to hear, entered my ears. I didn't feel the liquor anymore—my heart thumped and I felt it in my throat.

The pain.

Yeji.