Chapter Twenty Seven: Holy Smile

"One eye open, but all she does is hideaway like I wasn't sane enough to be in her world"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

When I reached the bar, I was surprised to see Chaeyoung and Jisoo already sitting together. "Ay Park Cha-". I was about to call for her name when I saw Jisoo kiss the corner of her lips and whisper something to her.

What in the chicken bones is going on in here?

When church girl pulled away, that's when I decided to step in; "I guess an introduction isn't needed here". I muttered and sat on one of the stools next to them. "Oh, hey Lisa". Chaeyoung cheeks were red.

I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows at her, "Already got down before your best friend came here huh?".

Jisoo on the other hand rolled her eyes.

"So what happened to being holy?". I questioned Chaeyoung playfully.

"I still love Jesus, thank you very much". Chaeyoung replied, placing her hands together like a prayer.

"Who is holy?". Clueless Jisoo asked.

I giggled, "This girl right here is the straightest and holiest bean on this planet, apparently". I muttered, noticing the smirk on Jisoo's face present. This evil woman.

"Wanna introduce each other properly?". She asked the blonde who seemed taken aback but rather smiled and took Jisoo's hand brightly.

"Park Chaeyoung but you can call me Rosé".

"Jisoo, but you can call me yours". She winked at the other girl.

I cringed from beside them and ordered a drink—faking a gagging sound as they laughed at me.

"So you don't swing that way huh?". Jisoo asked.

"Nope, I actually read the bible every day and as always, thank god for our blessings". She politely smiled.

"Perks of going to church every day—". I stopped speaking when Jisoo choked on her drink and then threw my head back—this duo is everything.

"You're telling me every day?". Jisoo's eyes widened as she questioned the innocent girl.

The blonde just rolled her eyes and spoke, "Lisa tends to exaggerate my words to a context when I say them. But no, I just occasionally go to church".

"Got a boyfriend?". Jisoo firmly asked. I was so surprised, What's going on in her head? I looked to the side to notice the shocked expression on Chaeyoung's face. 

"I uh, don't".

"Good". Jisoo smiled.

"Am I interrupting you guys?". I asked. At this point I felt like I was third-wheeling on a date between the two, who were flustered—A red tint of a blush very evident on Chaeyoung's face, meanwhile Jisoo just smirked to herself.

"You aren't". They waved me off.

We spent the rest of the night talking about different topics—as the two learned things about each other, to my surprise they got along just fine. The blonde blocked her ears whenever Jisoo said something dirty and it had me laughing. This is such a fun duo.

My eyes shifted to the wide side of the bar, where a couple of men were laughing and checking out the women who were walking by. I rolled my eyes, but what caught my attention was the aggressive man who had a woman pinned against the wall, kissing her.

I couldn't see her face, but I excused myself from the two and made my way to her.

It was Ruby.

Of course, it's her.

My heart dropped, it had to be her.

Her kissing other people.. that didn't feel right.

Her having her arms around another human.. that didn't feel right.

Nothing feels right about this, but I held a proud smile with my drink in hand, I muttered; "Fancy seeing you pinned against a wall, Ruby".

As soon as she heard my voice, she pushed the man away who was frustrated away. "Why did you stop? Proceed". I clenched my jaw, my words are affecting her, by the way, she had her eyes hooked on me.

"Wouldn't want you to be turned on". She sarcastically replied.

"So a threesome?". The guy smirked.

"Fuck off". The madwoman shooed him away.

"Sharp, Ruby". He walked away.

She turned to me with crossed arms and spoke, "Why is it that I see you everywhere, Lisa?".

"Been asking myself the same thing". I took a sip of my drink, "But hey, it's the one that got away, isn't it?".

"What?".

I took a closer step to stand in front of her, "Why are you running away? And what are you running away from, Ruby?".

"I'm not".

"Lies". I spat, "A second we fuck, the next thing I know is you're walking out of that door. Even when I took you out for dinner, I couldn't get a grip of you.. So what are you running away from?".

"Why do you care?". She teased.

I stopped.

My head was buzzing with thoughts, my throat painted with liquor and the burning feeling of it. I try to wrap my head around this—around the image but nothing was clear. Do I care about her? I don't. At least that's what I will keep telling myself; that it's easier to fuck than be fucked up.

"I don't". I answered her, "But everything about you is odd".

She smiled that pretty-kissed smile. inching her head closer to my ear and brushing her lips on my ear, "Then it's better to stay away from what you can't understand, Lisa".