Chapter Ten: Morning Lullaby

"Cherish the darkness, before you see the light"

LISA' S POV び央ハ

In the morning, I found myself alone in my bed, my back was a little cold and I missed the warm feeling of her body on mine. The pillows were smelling like her, the sheets too and I didn't want to admit it, but also my hair.

My heart ached for the first time when I realized that she wasn't on my bed anymore.

A deep sigh left my mouth.

A smile played on my lips at the realization that I made her come so many times last night.

The power I have over women.

Was she like the rest?

Painting the night with her gloomy eyes and red lips like she was familiar with the sense of flames—my charm, she was a different source of entanglement.

Ruby..

Shaking those thoughts away, I brushed my teeth and stared at myself in the mirror. "You've fucked her worries away last night, but what about you?".

I whispered to myself and splashed water on my face.

'Get out of it, Lisa. One-night stands are one-night stands. Lust is the lead'.

She could go back to her ex for all I care for. Other men can have her, can they? I clenched my jaw and grabbed a pair of sweats and a tank top, making my way into the living room was probably the best decision I've made.

A blessing and a curse.

Ruby.

A bra on, with some jeans, staring into my soul, almost expecting me to come here

A bra on, with some jeans, staring into my soul, almost expecting me to come here. I tried to hide the effect she had on me. "Ruby". I muttered nonchalantly.

"Morning". She murmured and crossed her arms, approaching me, "You don't seem excited to see me".

I chuckled, "It's odd for one-night stands to stay until the morning, that's all".