✁ 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤: 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚

Začít od začátku

"Don't do this to me, Nick." her fingers patted against the glass desperately once more. "Don't do this to me."

The doctors gave up. "What's the time?"

"1:03, Doctor."

"Time of death, 1:03 a.m."

Galina's eyes narrowed at the sight in front of her — surgeons giving up and taking off their gloves....but why can she still feel a small mind wave coming from the director?

In other words, Rumlow and Sitwell left right then and there when they called it — looking completely fine...not in the slightest upset.

When the sound of the door opened, she darted her head to look over at them — ever the more further suspicioned.

Without hesitation, she found her feet walking out directly after them.

"Hey." she called out when she was behind them in the hall.

The two turned around — Rumlow looking far more collected than Sitwell whom was sweating bricks.

"Hey, kid." Rumlow greeted, a solemn smile on his face. "You're gonna have to come to SHIELD just so you know..since you were there when it happened."

"I know that. I'm not stupid." she lightly snapped, giving them a once over. "How are you two holding up?"

"Fine." Sitwell squeaks out before quickly clearing his throat — his mind was racing.

"I'm hanging in there, you know? It's a shame that this happened. Really sucks. I know that you two were close." Rumlow says, giving a more complexed statement.

Talking too much and talking too little can both equal hidden truth...something that she learned in the Red Room.

"Mm." she hums, nodding. "Thank you." her eyes narrowed onto Sitwell and her head tilted to the side. "You look a little sweaty, Jasper. Feeling ill?"

Before Sitwell could respond, his partner in crime took over.

"Once the rest of the agents get here, we're taking you to SHIELD." he then walked off with Sitwell scurrying behind him.

Later That Morning

Fury's body was ready to be viewed.

Natasha stood over his corpse as the sunrise beamed onto them, angry tears rolling down her cheeks as she caressed the top of his head.

"I need to take him." Hill said, emotional herself.

"Natasha." Steve came up from behind her, placing a hand on her shoulder

She looked at Fury one last time before marching out of the room in a rush — the door slamming shut after Steve followed after her.

Galina stood behind for a moment, taking a few steps to stand right beside Fury's body — inspecting him.

Maybe she's in disbelief, maybe she's in the denial part of grief but no way is this man dead.