Fresh air

When Bucky came back in you were half asleep with the word search in your hands. He was only wearing his pajama pants and smiled shyly as he slipped into bed beside you.
"You want to finish that one doll?" he put his arm behind you and you snuggled into him.
"I can't find the last word" you pouted.
"Let me look" he licked his lips and looked at the page for a moment, then pointed it to you. You smiled and circled the word quickly.
"Thank you" you leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.
"Did you want to go to sleep?" he whispered softly.
"No, I want snuggles" you laid your head on his chest and wrapped your arm over his chest and hissed as the IV pulled at your skin.
"It wont be much longer" Bucky kissed the top of your head.
"Doc is going to be in soon to change the bag" you sighed.
"Its to make you better" he pulled you in closer.
"I want to go for a run in the morning" you sighed and heard the door open and Doctor Cho came in switching out the bags and you had to pull away so she could take your vitals.
"You should try to go to breakfast in the morning if your up for it" Doctor Cho spoke softly.
"I'll get her there" Bucky gave a smile.
"After breakfast we are going to do some more tests to make sure everything is taken care of, and see if the infection is going down" she warned you.
"It doesn't hurt as much to move" you admitted. "I feel a lot better than I did this morning"
"You'll be getting stronger soon" she smiled at you and ruffled your hair before walking back out.
"I'll get the light" Bucky offered and slipped out of the bed. He turned off the light, and closed the door to a crack. He was headed back when Sam and Steve opened the door and let Daisy back in.
"Night Buck" Steve grinned.
"Night Punk" Bucky didn't even hide his smile as he slipped back into the bed. You turned to lay on your other side, and felt Bucky wind both of his arms around you, and felt his breath on the back of your neck.
"You didn't even miss a beat" you giggled.
"I get to sleep my sexy dame, I'm not ashamed" his voice was gravelly behind you. "Are you?" he seemed to be second guessing himself.
"Have you met you? I'm the luckiest dame alive" you giggled. You grabbed your phone and turned down the music a little lower. Bucky pulled you closer, and nuzzled in a little bit.

When you woke up in the morning, Bucky and Daisy were both gone and you snuggled more into the blankets. It took you a moment to come around, and got up to go freshen up. You took the time to slowly get dressed into a knee length powder blue spaghetti strapped dress since you didn't want to fight with your clothes for the day. It was something you used to go just wear around the house if you were just cleaning or a walk around the block. You had a bit of a chill but ignored it. When you went back out you tried to make the bed, and had to take a break. You sat on the side of the bed trying to get your strength back.
"Good morning doll" Bucky came in the balcony door with Daisy. "Wow" he gave a slow smile. "You look great" he looked you up and down.
"It's a bit breezy, but it was easier to put on" you admitted.
"Are you cold?" he came over quickly to check your forehead.
"It's a little chilly this morning" you flushed.
"Hold on" he walked out of the room and came back a few minutes later with one of his hoodies.
"Awe, Bucky" you cooed.
"Let me help you get it on" he grabbed the bag off the pole and helped you put on the sweater before putting the bag back on the pole. You were dwarfed in the sweater, but very pleased as you could smell him on the sweater. He leaned down, and kissed you softly on the lips and quickly deepened the kiss much to your pleasure. You ran your hands up his shoulders and started to play in his hair. "I can't wait until you don't have that bag attached to you anymore" he pulled back and gave a smirk.
"We can snuggle better?" you asked innocently.
"For one, yes" he pulled on your hands to pull you up. You stood up and were flat against him and he drooped his head a bit and reached up to touch your cheek and kissed you softly. "I have more ideas" he chuckled as he moved back licking his top lip and biting his bottom one. You flushed and looked down, and he touched you under the chin and leaned in to give you another gentle kiss on the lips. "Come on, lets get to breakfast" he smirked. You grabbed the IV pole and started to follow him to the door, and he reached back to grab your hand. He walked beside you slowly as you walked down the hallway. You had to pause a few times feeling weak, but you were determined to keep moving.
"Want me to carry you doll?" he finally offered at the halfway point.
"I need to do this" you shook your head, wanting to give in so badly. He waited while you leaned against the wall, then walked slowly beside you again. "Okay, help me please" you finally gave in. Without missing a beat Bucky picked you up and you held the IV pole and he strode proudly into the dining room.