Hospital stay

"So how many dates have you two been on?" Maria asked after a lengthy silence.
"Three" you smiled shyly.
"Did you two have sex yet?" she asked quickly, and you didn't miss that blush that went across Bucky's cheeks as well as your own.
"No, there's such a thing as taking your time" Bucky cleared his throat.
"Lame" Maria threw her leg over the side of the chair.
"Now you can focus on finding someone for yourself" you smiled softly.
"Don't fuck it up" she slapped Bucky on his vibranium arm. "Speaking of fuck ups, I'm going to see how Anthony is doing with Fury busting his ass. You owe me a girls night" she looked at you pointedly and walked out.
"Is she always that nosey?" Bucky chuckled.
"Yes" you sighed gently. "Do I still have black eyes or bruises?"
"No, you look perfect doll" he kissed your knuckles again giving a smile. "As always"
"I did not look perfect when you found me yesterday" you shook your head.
"You did, just in a different way" he chuckled. "Daisy misses you" he whispered to you.
"I miss her" you frowned.
"You look pale, why don't you rest your eyes for a few minutes" he touched your cheek sweetly.
"Do you promise not to leave? I'm feeling a little needy" you whispered.
"Be as needy as you want, I kind of like it" he winked, pulling your knuckles to his lips and giving them another kiss. You leaned back and he got up to fix your pillow again while you closed your eyes. He went back to holding your hand and letting you rest.

When Doctor Cho came in, she had a nurse change the antibiotics bag and give you a fresh one. You didn't wake up, however you did keep a strong hold on Bucky's hand while you slept.
"When she wakes up again, we are going to see if she can stand up. Tony wants her back on the compound, and we will be switching out from IV's tonight if she can, to antibiotic pills instead. She went through too much trauma to be back to work so quick" she shook her head.
"He's probably going to bench her for a few days" Bucky admitted. "Stevie and Tony normally do if someone gets hurt bad on a mission. Just until they can move around easier"
"I'm going to recommend at least a week, but I know that girl is stubborn" Cho sighed taking your vitals from the screen behind you. "The regeneration machine can only do so much; her body is still going to remember the pain she just went through and fight her on it. Who's watching Daisy?"
"The team, they fell in love with her" Bucky grinned.
"I've met Daisy, she's hard not to adore" Doctor Cho smiled in spite of herself. "Y/N brought her down to see me one day when I teased her that she only had Maria as a friend. She is pretty proud of that little dog"
"Things have changed a bit" Bucky smirked.
"Clearly, she doesn't normally rest around anyone" Doctor Cho looked at him, and saw he had flushed a bit. "I'm glad she went to the Avengers, you could tell she was getting upset about something. I don't see that anymore"
"We are lucky to have her" Bucky grinned staring down at your sleeping face.
"I'll agree on that" she smiled and kindly touched him on the arm. "I'll let her sleep a little longer" she walked back out leaving Bucky with his thoughts, and just watching you sleep.

It was that night when you woke up again. Bucky had just started to doze off, and woke with a start when you started to let go of his hand.
"Hey sleeping beauty" he smiled and leaned forward to take your hand and kiss your knuckles.
"I've been sleeping a lot" you flushed.
"You needed it" he shrugged.
"You need sleep" you bit your bottom lip.
"Don't do that" he grinned.
"Do what?" you asked confused.
"I'm trying to be a gentleman, and when you bite your lip all I want to do is kiss you" he whispered.
"I have horrible breath right now" you giggled.
"I don't care" he stood up and kissed you softly on the lips. You reached up with your free hand and touched his cheek, and his tongue swept across your bottom lip and you opened your lips to him automatically. He deepened the kiss, and you both let out small sighs of contentment. He only pulled away once you needed air, and smiled at you. "It always keeps getting better" he sat back in his chair. "How are you feeling?" he asked gently.
"Still like I got hit by a truck" you admitted. "I know I went through the regeneration machine, but I can still feel some of the wounds. It must be psychological"
"You went through a lot, its going to take time to get back on your feet" he gave a small smile.
"This isn't the most romantic thing in the world, but I need to get up so I can go pee" you flushed after a moment.
"Are you sure you can stand?" he looked worried.
"Of course I can" you sat up and put your legs over the side. He pulled his chair back a little and held out his hands just in case. You tried to stand slowly and your legs were shaking. You almost fell again, but Bucky grabbed you quickly. "Just hold me up for a minute, I can get this" you bit your bottom lip concentrating. The pain wasn't as bad as it was earlier. "There had better be a toothbrush in that bathroom" you grumbled. Once you were sure you were okay, you nodded to Bucky and he slowly released you but kept his hands out just in case. You grabbed onto the furniture as you took unsure steps towards the bathroom going incredibly slowly. He stood behind you the whole time. "You're not joining me Sarge" you finally said looking over your shoulder.
"I'm just making sure you get in there okay" he flushed a bit. You got to the door and gave him a smile.
"See, I can do it" you said with pride and closed the door. You heard him take a few steps away and you went to do your business. Standing up again was a hassle, but you managed before flushing and getting to the sink. You washed your hands, and started working up your arms and trying to get to each piece of skin you could. You found a toothbrush and toothpaste still in packaging and brushed your teeth, loving the feel of it. It had been days. Feeling a little fresher, you still wanted a shower but this would have to do for now. You walked back out, using the furniture to help yourself across the room. Bucky was quick to come over and walk backwards with his hands out. You hated how the IV was following you everywhere around the room, and it was tugging at your skin.
You sat on the side of the bed and put the blanket over your legs and looked at Bucky expectantly as he sat down directly in front of you. You touched his cheek and leaned forward a bit and he closed the distance quickly kissing you softly on the lips. He quickly coaxed your lips open and you both let out a small moan as he deepened the kiss, his nose brushing against yours as he moved. You started to play your hands in his hair, and you moved his hand from your cheek to the back of your head trying to deepen the kiss further.
"This is going to take some getting used to" Fury's voice filled the room and you jumped apart from one another. You let out a giggle, while Bucky blushed a bit. "Shouldn't you be asking my permission to court my daughter or some shit?" he asked Bucky.
"Pops, its my decision. If he asks you, which he doesn't have to, the only answer coming out of your damn mouth is going to be a yes" you warned him.
"I'm fully aware" he sighed coming over and giving you a kiss on top of your head. "You were right about not trusting him. We pushed him on how he knew you were hung upside down if he never left the jet according to you. He was paid off by Hydra years ago, and has been working as a double agent. They knew you were there; the plan was to get information on the Avengers before they killed you" he took a seat. "This is why its always important to play your cards close to your chest"
"Imagine their surprise when I didn't follow their plan" you smirked.
"I'm glad you didn't. We are still processing the prisoners. They are referring to you as the ice demon" he chuckled.
"I could have used more power, but I didn't want to kill everyone" you shrugged.
"It might have been easier on your body" Bucky spoke gently. "You got hurt really bad" he added.
"I knew you'd come for me Bucky Bear" you reached out and touched his cheek. "I kept moving, I knew not checking in would start to worry someone"
"We should have clued in sooner" you could tell Bucky was being hard on himself.
"No one could have predicted what happened" Fury spoke to him softly. "She's stubborn as they come"
"I'm not always stubborn" you pouted and Fury gave a small chuckle.
"Doctor Cho wants you for a few more days" he looked at you. "I'd like to sign off on it"
"I can walk, I need to get home" you shook your head.
"We can take care of her" Bucky promised.
"Let me see you walk" Fury sighed. You stood up unsurely, and used the furniture to help you get around again. He looked at you with raised eyebrows.
"You can't expect perfection" you rolled your eyes, and wincing as the IV pulled at your skin again.
"You should stay another few days" he decided.
"I can't, Daisy" you shook your head.
"I'll tell you what, let Doctor Cho decide. I'll go home and watch Daisy, and come back to visit as much as I can get away" Bucky touched your cheek and gave that knee weakening smile and you bit your lip finally giving a slight nod.
"I should have let you do the talking" Fury chuckled. "I'll go get Doctor Cho"
"I'll go with you" Bucky nodded and followed him out.
"I already know what you're going to ask me Sargent, and I can see for myself you make her happy. You have my consent" Fury gave a rare smile. Bucky grinned to himself and nodded.
"Thank you sir" he smiled fully and Fury walked out.
"You were seriously going to ask him?" you raised your eyebrows.
"Of course I was, it's the right thing to do" Bucky shrugged sitting in his normal chair beside your bed. You got back on the bed and huffed a little wondering how Daisy was doing without you.