Chapter 10: Confidence

???: "That's it? You just gonna give up like that? After all this hard work your gonna give up?"

The crowd looks around for who is talking before they see a younger male with a hoodie on.

???: "Think about who your doing this for. Look at your Pokemon!"

Dawn looks at her Piplup and Buneary as they get up and get energized as they see Dawn crying.

???: "They don't want to see you lose! Your friends and family don't want to see you lose!So win. With all your power win! Have confidence in your skills!"

Dawn looks over at the stranger. 

???: "Show the world what you can do!"

Dawn: 'They're right. I have to have confidence in my skills. I can win this!' "I'm sorry Miette. I'll show you the true skills of a Bertliz now. So get ready!"

Dawn's Pokemon jump in front of her fully energized and ready at her command.

Dawn: "Piplup Hydropump on the Meowstick!"

Miette: "Slurpuff counter with an energy ball."

Dawn: "Buneary dizzy punch the Slurpuff and then ice beam the Meowstick!"

Miette: 'Her speed and reaction time has gone up?!'

Miette's Pokemon get hit heavily as she thinks about what to do next.

Miette: "Meowstic use energy ball and Slurpuff use fairy wind."

Dawn: "Buneary spin and use ice beam to counter both attacks and Piplup use whirlpool and trap them."

Buneary uses ice beam and covers the field and blocks each attack as Piplup traps Miette's Pokemon and the whirlpools spins around the arena.

Monsieur Pierre: "What a fantastic counter by Dawn! She's got Miette on the ropes."

The crowd starts to cheer as the match seems to fall towards Dawn's side.

Miette: "Meowstic use p--"

Dawn quickly cuts her off.

Dawn: "Piplup use drill peck!"

Piplup uses drill peck and knocks out Meowstick.

Miette: 'How?'

Dawn: "Now Piplup use ice beam to create a ramp! We're ending this! Buneary slide down the ramp and use dizzy punch to finish the Slurpuff off!"

Miette: "Slurpuff get out of they way!"

Slurpuff is caught in a confusion as Buneary elegantly slides down the ramp and knocks out the Slurpuff.

Monsieur Pierre: "What a comeback from your winner Dawn Bertliz! She's defeated Miette's pokemon with fashion."

Miette returns her Pokemon before walking off stage. Dawn stands in the middle of the stage as her and her Pokemon wave and bow to the crowd.

Monsieur Pierre: "Now we will present you with your Princess Key. We have a special guest in our VIP room who will award you with your first Princess Ke--"

Before Monsieur Pierre can finish an employee runs on stage to notify Monsieur Pierre that the VIP guest has left. Monsieur Pierre whispers to the employee.

Monsieur Pierre: "What do you mean she's left?"

Employee: "She's not in the room right now."

Monsieur Pierre: "Well what do we do? We don't have a special guest to present the key!"