Chapter 33: Paul's Move

Paul walks around school campus, before bumping into Professor Oak.

Paul: "My bad professor!"

Professor Oak: "Nonsense my boy! I should've have watched where I was going."

Paul looks at Professor Oak's carriage along with a bag of his clothing and other items.

Paul: "Are you perhaps going somewhere?"

Professor Oak: "Yes. I'm off to Alola to meet with my cousin in Alola. They're seeming if they can have a champion and want my help."

Paul: "Ah...I understand. I have one question Professor."

Professor Oak: "Yes?"

Paul: "Are you sure everything will be safe in the school?"

Professor Oak: "Yes of course. I may be gone, but there is still security along with many of you upcoming trainers in case of an attack from wild pokemon. Ah! I've got to get going. Well I'll see you around Paul!"

Paul watches Professor Oak leave, before whispering.

Paul: "I didn't mean wild pokemon....I meant people."

Paul keeps walking, seeing many students leaving to airports or simply laying around. He takes a seat against one of the trees, before recalling one of his memories from his brother. Suddenly a voice breaks him out of his focus.

???: "Is there anyone sitting here?"

Paul: "Huh? No."

???: "Thank you. Are you perhaps Paul Shinji?"

Paul: "Yes. Was there something you needed?"

The mysterious person smirks, before standing back up.

???: "No. It was nothing. I forgot that I needed to meet someone."

Paul: "How do you know my name?"

???: "I've heard of it somewhere. Anyway I've got to go."

Paul watches closely, before seeing some the aura surrounding the person to be red. He runs up, before grabbing their shoulder.

Paul: "Wait! Who are you? Who are you meeting with?"

???: "You seem to be pushing your boundaries. I have no need to tell you who I have to meet or who I am."

The aura suddenly changes into a black and purple one, as fear spreads throughout Paul's body. The person turns around, although their face is still covered by a cloak. 

???: "You shall release me and let me go my way."

Paul lets go, as they run away.

Paul: "What the hell?" 

Paul looks at his shaking hand.

*With the person*

 ???: "Gladion. Paul's still here. We're taking the information tonight."

Gladion: "Alright. I'm letting Nate and Rosa know. They should be in Johto."

Gladion rings up Nate.

Nate: "Hello?"

Gladion: "We're taking the information tonight. You in Johto?"

Nate: "Yes. We've yet to find Silver, but we're on the move. If worst comes to worst I'll have to beat their Elite Four and hope to take Silver out. How about you?"

Gladion: "Paul is our only problem, but compared to me, he's nothing. We're fine. I'll call you back when we're done with the mission.

Gladion hangs up, but Nate on his end balls up his fists.